• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Local Impacts to the NYC area from Hurricane Matthew

NJwx85

I would say we are definitely out of woods now!!!!  The models including the 0z GFS haven't moved even slightly back toward our area!  So to say we're not out of the woods yet definitely gives people the wrong idea to what's really happening!!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, the Euro is set  to complete the triple crown of October hurricane forecasting with Sandy, Joaquin, and now Matthew.

ecmwf_cyclone_atlantic_25.png

...what are your thoughts once matthew finishes its loop?..can it be "slingshoted " N,NNE back to our latitude?..

OR even the gulf?

14 minutes ago, shad248 said:

I'm sure you've all heard of the John Long on the news of Cape Canaveral.  He plans on riding out the storm (in his mobile home), says its all hype and will be no worse than an afternoon t-storm.   Below is a link to his facebook.  Hoping for live video updates from the eye of the storm. 

https://www.facebook.com/john.m.long3?fref=nf

Ummm yeah... Basically the worst possible place you can be in this storm. Exited to follow him through the storm. That is if he makes it. I don't wish death on anyone obviously but this guy needs to lay off the crack

37 minutes ago, rclab said:

This reminds me of the gentleman that said he was going to ride out the Mount St. Helens eruption. I can't remember the name, I believe he intended to remain in a cave close to the Spirit Lake area. Sadly, I believe, no trace of him was ever found

Harry Truman was his name.  Folk hero.

This Florida guy is just a dope, but hey if the storm doesn't landfall and stays just far enough offshore, he will get the last laugh. 

5 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Looks like south Florida dodges another bullet. One day there is going to be a tremendous disaster there. They had multiple majors in the 1940s alone. One day they are going to run out of luck. (I'm talking about the Miami area which missed the core of Andrew)

I am not so sure about the "dodges another bullet". The coastal islands will get whacked hard from FL to SC. Rogue twisters are possible and heavy rains , which can cause ponding of water on the roads and flash floods.

36 minutes ago, Animal said:

I am not so sure about the "dodges another bullet". The coastal islands will get whacked hard from FL to SC. Rogue twisters are possible and heavy rains , which can cause ponding of water on the roads and flash floods.

I'm talking about the Miami area, and yes they dodged a bullet. They aren't even going to verify trop winds down there. The real show is up by cape canaveral. 

Archived