Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tracking Hurricane Matthew and any potential impacts to New England

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Nor did I question, just from a visual perspective. You might be right.
Wow the line to fill the gas tank was around the corner down the street, think I might have even seen Willy.
No bread, no milk but I did find TP, oh what a relief it is. Hot and humid outside, cobalt blue skies dotted by Cb towers. The air just has that feel to it. 

Bang the ATM hard

59 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

So Donnie, you wanted to retire to Florida and see a cane, well here ya go my good friend. Godspeed, enjoy, hope the new pool doesn't get too much debris.

Thanks Steve, I feel more comfortable now that I have topped off supplies. Moving really was for health and rehab the back. Always wanting the experience but on second thought as a chase, not being chased down 

56 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wish we were Don

Open invitation stands. Have room for 1/2 dozen people.

Kind of wishing I wasn't me right now.

ROOSTA will prevail and enjoy every minute of it, less the destruction and clean-up.

2 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

Thanks Steve, I feel more comfortable now that I have topped off supplies. Moving really was for health and rehab the back. Always wanting the experience but on second thought as a chase, not being chased down 

Open invitation stands. Have room for 1/2 dozen people.

Kind of wishing I wasn't me right now.

ROOSTA will prevail and enjoy every minute of it, less the destruction and clean-up.

Make sure you loaded up with O'Douls.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Tough to believe that this will be the first major to touchdown on US soil in 11 years......when I was in my 20's, we had like three per year. :lol:

This stretch has been akin to the 80s....god, I hope we don't go that way regarding winter...

Last FL landfall period, Twitter didn't even exist. Kevin had nobody to back up his hype.

7 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Going boom.

rbtop0-lalo.gif

LakeEffectKing

• "He tracks hurricanes blindfolded."
  • LakeEffectKing
  • team_promet.png
  •  
  • 3,290 posts

After looking at the models and the conditions ahead for Matthew, I think there's a very good chance that he gets to 160mph over night...with pressures in th 925 range.... and right now to me it looks like landfall south of Daytona Beach by 50 miles or so...

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

LakeEffectKing

• "He tracks hurricanes blindfolded."
  • LakeEffectKing
  • team_promet.png
  •  
  • 3,290 posts

After looking at the models and the conditions ahead for Matthew, I think there's a very good chance that he gets to 160mph over night...with pressures in th 925 range.... and right now to me it looks like landfall south of Daytona Beach by 50 miles or so...

I wouldn't disagree. LEK was calling a Florida landfall when this thing was still spinning off Columbia. Combo of anomalous warm water, minimal shear, great upper levels and moist environment throughout is a deadly one. 

2 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I wouldn't disagree. LEK was calling a Florida landfall when this thing was still spinning off Columbia. Combo of anomalous warm water, minimal shear, great upper levels and moist environment throughout is a deadly one. 

George is one of the very best, no hype just straight up good at what he does, 18Z GFS brings this in at port St Lucie

Archived