Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Let's Talk Winter!!

Steve

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked outside & it was like a winter wonderland! It was snowing the hardest I've seen this year! Estimate at 1-1 1/2 inches an hour. Street covered. It slowed down now. It appears this will be it for snow this year so it was at keast nice to see. I forgot what snow looked like. Sigh. BTW, this thread was buried when I was looking to make this post. All well, next year will rock! Lol

10 hours ago, buckeye said:

You know I was thinking that if we stay under 10"....or close to it, this might be the least snowy winter I've ever experienced in my 50 years.   I would have to check the winters in Doylestown PA, (1973-1976) to be sure though.   

There could b some clunkers in there. I was born in '72 so I don't recall. I can tell you that in the late 90s in philly area, there were definitely winters with less than 10. I remember buying my parents a snow blower AFTER the Blizzard of '96 and them using it once over the next 3 years! 

14 minutes ago, pondo1000 said:

There could b some clunkers in there. I was born in '72 so I don't recall. I can tell you that in the late 90s in philly area, there were definitely winters with less than 10. I remember buying my parents a snow blower AFTER the Blizzard of '96 and them using it once over the next 3 years! 

yea I'm pretty sure before, (lived in Maine), and after, (lived here),  that it's a safe bet that all winters were over 10".   Just not sure of that period in Doylestown.

ILN:
Best lift and moisture looks focused on
Monday night. Accumulating snow will be possible Monday night with
several inches possible. Will mention this possibility in the HWO
products.

Can't remember the last time I saw that wording in our forecast  5 days out.     The way this winter is going they'll probably call school off for Monday....tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, buckeye said:

ILN:
products.

Can't remember the last time I saw that wording in our forecast  5 days out.     The way this winter is going they'll probably call school off for Monday....tomorrow.

And then never hoist a WWA as its snowing approaching 3-4 inches! 

28 minutes ago, buckeye said:

ILN:
products.

Being at night will help with accumulations.

On 3/8/2017 at 3:52 PM, buckeye said:

ILN:
products.

WWA for 1-3!!!

1 hour ago, pondo1000 said:

WWA for 1-3!!!

probably a good call.  NAM continues the trend of extending the better snows that are in northeast OH further sw into our area.    1-3 is a decent bet, probably closer to 3 in Delaware.   

Just enough to break the 10" mark for the season and take away our earned right to b^tch about having a single digit total, lol.  

11 minutes ago, buckeye said:

probably a good call.  NAM continues the trend of extending the better snows that are in northeast OH further sw into our area.    1-3 is a decent bet, probably closer to 3 in Delaware.   

Just enough to break the 10" mark for the season and take away our earned right to b^tch about having a single digit total, lol.  

It would still be around the top 10 least-snowiest on record, at best top 15 least.

15 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Maybe airport ends up w/ just an inch or so leaving us still below 10. Wait, we all know how the airport measures snowfall! LOL

17 minutes ago, osubrett2 said:

Things are not shaping up well for Central Ohio. I was never too concerned about any temp issues, but moreso about the amount of QPF. Models have trended drier, especially for us. HRRR has been completely skipping I-71 from Cincy up to Cbus the past few runs.

yup was just going to post this.   It's two-fold.  The stuff coming in from the west not holding together very well and the precip from the eastern low not looking as juicy this far west ....backlash looking less and less.

2nd Prediction:  DAB to 1", (leaning towards DAB).   CMH will still be at single digits for season when said and done.

On the bright side, it's not like we were ever looking at anything that great anyways.  

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

yup was just going to post this.   It's two-fold.  The stuff coming in from the west not holding together very well and the precip from the eastern low not looking as juicy this far west ....backlash looking less and less.

2nd Prediction:  DAB to 1", (leaning towards DAB).   CMH will still be at single digits for season when said and done.

On the bright side, it's not like we were ever looking at anything that great anyways.  

In a way, I'm glad this will be the case; it can capture the true futility of this winter. There is no doubt that '16-'17 is worse than '15-'16, which most people, including myself, said couldn't be/likely wasn't possible. No doubt last year was bad, but we managed to nickel and dime to the max to hit 17.1" at CMH, which will double this year's total.

15 minutes ago, osubrett2 said:

In a way, I'm glad this will be the case; it can capture the true futility of this winter. There is no doubt that '16-'17 is worse than '15-'16, which most people, including myself, said couldn't be/likely wasn't possible. No doubt last year was bad, but we managed to nickel and dime to the max to hit 17.1" at CMH, which will double this year's total.

agree...

if nothing else I can at least say I've experienced my first single digit snowfall year.   yippee lol

Archived