Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016-17 New England Snow

Kevin W

30 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

This is a cool new feature, but clicking on the calendar puts it into a format that the table poops out on, so it needs to be manually entered

What browser are you using? I am unable to reproduce what you mean. I should mention that when using the calendar for prior events, (other than TODAY) you just need to double click on the date in question. The calendar should then disappear. Let me know of any problems. I'll work out the kinks.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Kevin W said:

You are now able to log individual events if you wish. Because of the way that I have to do this, I create a page with just your events on it that includes a running total for the season. I am not going to bother making 40+ pages if only 10 of us will do this. Therefore, if you want a log of each of your events, I need to know so that I can set you up. 

My data are all assembled into individual events on my end already, so I’m happy to try this if it’s convenient for everyone.

2 hours ago, Kevin W said:

You are now able to log individual events if you wish. Because of the way that I have to do this, I create a page with just your events on it that includes a running total for the season. I am not going to bother making 40+ pages if only 10 of us will do this. Therefore, if you want a log of each of your events, I need to know so that I can set you up. 

I am in Kev and Thank you

1 hour ago, J.Spin said:

My data are all assembled into individual events on my end already, so I’m happy to try this if it’s convenient for everyone.

All set guys.

Please note: I activated the delete button. Since these pages are yours alone, you can play around with it all you want. 

I'd still like to know if anyone else is having any problems with the calendar. I've used it for years on every browser and even my phone. Never had a problem with it.

Also, anyone with credentials to update totals will be able to access these pages. Thankfully, this has been no problem at all. (eg; people fudging other people's numbers) Hopefully, it stays that way.  I can always go with a more robust log in deal but I'd rather not have to.

58 minutes ago, Kevin W said:

I'd still like to know if anyone else is having any problems with the calendar. I've used it for years on every browser and even my phone. Never had a problem with it.

The calendar was working for me with Internet Explorer 11 on a PC.  The only thing of note that was a hassle for me, was that choosing the calendar to enter your date defaults to putting in a time of day as well, and that data field got mad at me if that was in there (the error indicates “10 characters max”).  So, I had to manually delete the time of day for each date.  If the calendar can default to not having a time of day (probably not necessary for this use anyway) that would smooth the data entry a bit.

15 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

The calendar was working for me with Internet Explorer 11 on a PC.  The only thing of note that was a hassle for me, was that choosing the calendar to enter your date defaults to putting in a time of day as well, and that data field got mad at me if that was in there (the error indicates “10 characters max”).  So, I had to manually delete the time of day for each date.  If the calendar can default to not having a time of day (probably not necessary for this use anyway) that would smooth the data entry a bit.

Thanks. I made a small change that may or may not work. We'll see. If not, I'll look into it further. 

4 hours ago, J.Spin said:

That's what was happening to me

9 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

It would be sweet if the seasons table just pulled from the individual log total for the people using it.

I hear ya. It would be sweet if I did this for a living LOL. It takes me hours to do what code dudes do in about 5 minutes. In order for me to get this to work the way it does, I had to put each person with events into their own table. (for reasons I won't bother getting into here) I just finished putting all the events into one table after finding a way to make it work. Now, after a storm, for example, I am able to post a table showing what everyone got on a particular date.

I noticed I was working on this while you were adding events. I hope I didn't mess you up at all.:P

Archived