October Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, H2O said:

my grass started growing again

The seed that I put down Monday ahead of all the rain is already starting to germinate.  It was a perfect week for the aerating, top-dressing and seeding last weekend.  Hopefully the new grass establishes itself before the leaves fall, which thankfully, I hear is going to be a week or so behind schedule.

10 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Playoffs!

aj-hr-beer_medium.gif

And go O's!!! 

Matthew is pissing me off.

We've decided to wait until Saturday to drive down to Hilton Head, and I was good with that since any effects along 95 were going to be through by Friday evening. Now this thing is slowing down and the models still aren't being a huge help in showing a solution. The last thing I want to do is head down 95 in driving rains. I'm not concerned about wind, but I have no desire to make a 9-hour trip even longer by having to drive slowly in the rain. :fulltilt:

53 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

:lmao: 

If this thing shakes out right, can I hitch a ride with you? I assume you apply the the gas, grass, or a$$ rule. I'm happy to provide whatever you prefer. Thanks in advance.

Didn't think you had that in you! :lol: If you don't mind sharing the back seat with my 3.5-year-old daughter and 50 lb pit mix, then maybe we can talk.

The problem I'm having is the timing. We were going to leave on Friday, but now we've changed that to Saturday due to the initial timing of Matthew and a new deck we're having put on (work is being done this week). I simply don't want to drive through a pounding rainstorm to get there. It's bad enough that the drive is so long, but it would be pure misery to deal with wind-driven deluges. It would take f'ing forever, too.

Of course, this says nothing about the idea of driving my family into the path of what could be a fairly substantial hurricane. Likelihood of HHI-Savannah area getting a big hit is incredibly low in general, but I wouldn't be willing to take that risk. If were just me, I wouldn't care in the least, but I'm not messing about when it comes to my family.

9 minutes ago, H2O said:

Euro says go and enjoy the clean beaches

I recall that the Euro hasn't been at its best this summer, though I really hope it scores a coup on this one. I am a little nervous about 00z - if the Euro  sharpen that trough a bit more.

If everything else folds to it, then I'd just have to figure out how to avoid any heavy rains that might get thrown inland during the drive.

Just read the main thread.  Now I know why I keep my thoughts in the MA forum.

you get a post saying the Euro will be taken to the woodshed and then a little while later the same poster says a post that debbies the storm is trolling.

what in the eff?

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Just read the main thread.  Now I know why I keep my thoughts in the MA forum.

you get a post saying the Euro will be taken to the woodshed and then a little while later the same poster says a post that debbies the storm is trolling.

what in the eff?

The thing about the main thread is it's supposed to be focused on the analysis of the entire storm and associated impacts everywhere. I only care about my yard. And our sub thread handles that nicely.  

55 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The thing about the main thread is it's supposed to be focused on the analysis of the entire storm and associated impacts everywhere. I only care about my yard. And our sub thread handles that nicely.  

The tropical thread here is always really good, and it helps demonstrate how really, really good this sub forum is.  We all can't be the best quality contributors, but knowing that and our limitations is a good thing.  Our sub forum gets that.

Carry on.  I have a bottomless keg that I'm trying to kill and can't quite reach.  Where's Mattie when you need him?

2 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The tropical thread here is always really good, and it helps demonstrate how really, really good this sub forum is.  We all can't be the best quality contributors, but knowing that and our limitations is a good thing.  Our sub forum gets that.

Carry on.  I have a bottomless keg that I'm trying to kill and can't quite reach.  Where's Mattie when you need him?

Wiping my tears because I'm going to lose a day or two of my vacation to this f'ing storm.

I need beer.

I checked out my fantasy points this morning. I've scored almost 450 pts so far this season, the most in my league. Yet, I'm 0-4 because it seems everyone has really GREAT weeks when they play me. Almost 500 points scored against me. 

WTF. 

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived