Newest Member
    joxey
October Obs 2016

Avdave

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Latest 90 degree temp on record in Birmingham today !

That's just odd to me our latest "last" 90 degree record is Oct 29th..would think places SW of me in the deep south would have 90's as late as early Nov....heck the highest temp we have in Nov here is 88....

14 hours ago, toxictwister00 said:

Atlanta tied the record high of 86 today set back in 1984. We'll likely tie or break the record highs for tomorrow and Thursday.

...RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT ATLANTA... A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 86 DEGREES WAS SET AT ATLANTA TODAY. THIS TIES THE OLD RECORD OF 86 SET IN 1984.

Torch city with a side of extreme drought.  Gotta love it. 

17 hours ago, downeastnc said:

That's just odd to me our latest "last" 90 degree record is Oct 29th..would think places SW of me in the deep south would have 90's as late as early Nov....heck the highest temp we have in Nov here is 88....

My educated guess : areas in west GA and AL tend to get the fall airmasses  before eastern NC.  Being closer to the source of cooler and drier air in AL when it frequently drops in from the NW in fall. 

31 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

My educated guess : areas in west GA and AL tend to get the fall airmasses  before eastern NC.  Being closer to the source of cooler and drier air in AL when it frequently drops in from the NW in fall. 

But a lot of times the source of the cooler air comes from the northeast right ? Like during CAD events.

28 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

They are also closer to the GOM and warm gulf waters, and SW flow in front of a strong Oct trough should bring the heat....they hit their last 90 a full two weeks before PGV in eastern NC that just shows you how fickle weather can be. The average first frost dates for my area and Birmingham are the same.....I guess we are just better at late season heat with record highs well into the mid 80's even in mid to late Nov....

8 minutes ago, LithiaWx said:

Would be day 90 of 90s would tie the record from 1980z 

Wow you are right. It would be something if Atlanta tied the 90 degree record on October 19th and also I believe it would be the latest 90 degree day on record. Could be a historic day. I'm rooting for 90 ! Of course I'm sure something will screw it up, like clouds, and we end up at 89.

Edit: The latest 90 degree day in Atlanta is Oct 9, so this would be a whopping 10 days later than the old record.

16 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

Wow you are right. It would be something if Atlanta tied the 90 degree record on October 19th and also I believe it would be the latest 90 degree day on record. Could be a historic day. I'm rooting for 90 ! Of course I'm sure something will screw it up, like clouds, and we end up at 89.

Edit: The latest 90 degree day in Atlanta is Oct 9, so this would be a whopping 10 days later than the old record.

Again that's nuts that ATL last 90 degree day is that early.....

14 minutes ago, Isopycnic said:

3 weeks? Let me look this eve.

Cool seems like I remember you had a stretch late spring into early summer where you went a while...I know we haven't been this long without rain here in forever......currently at 10 days, hell we might not have gone this long without rain in the last 2 years lol....

7 minutes ago, Snowless in Carrollton said:

I do believe it is now official. 90 degrees being reported at the Birmingham airport currently. Latest 90 degree day on record ! Congrats !

should be parades in the streets later tonight.. and police in riot gear. 

RDU set a new record today at 88* old record was 87*

GSO set a new record today at 88*,  old record was 86*

AVL set a new record at 84*  old record was 83*

GSP and CLT set a new record at 89*, old record was 87*

ATl set a new record of 88*, old record was 87*

Macon set a new record of 91* today, old record was 89*

Archived