Newest Member
    SnowHabit
WxChallenge 2016-2017

Mallow

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

73/50/18/0.04

Had 76 initially but backed out because of clouds. I'll probably kick myself for that one. Thinking the low should be above MOS with the cloud cover moving through and winds never dying off. BUFKIT showed 20 kts or so in the mixed layer so agreed with USL there. Took a shot at some rain with decent s/w and height falls and CAPE shown to be around 1500 J/kg.

4 hours ago, Mallow said:

Originally had 79F, let's see if the drop was a good idea.

thought 77 but we will see as appsrunner stated mistook hrrr. had a feeling it would go higher been dry for the past month or so.

I wonder if we make a run at records this week with that ridge quite impressive amounts of heat

40 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

climo report has : 77/48/18 .. so it worked out for you :P

Ya, I'm happy with my results overall... but in over four years of forecasting with WxChallenge, I've not yet had a perfect forecast, and if those clouds hadn't been quite as thick I very well could have gotten it today. :(

1 minute ago, Mallow said:

Ya, I'm happy with my results overall... but I've not yet had a perfect forecast, and if those clouds hadn't been quite as thick I very well could have gotten it today. :(

I believe in you man. It will happen one day, probably unknowingly.

Went with 73/51/15

Im worried about the nighttime low could go one of two ways. Could scour out the higher dps and drop it into the upper 40's or we stay fairly saturated (so to speak) in the lower atmosphere and have a warmer low say 53 or more then the low would have to hope for before 6z tomorrow. Winds fairly decent felt it  was good even ground and same with the high. While it is in the wake of a front the cooling, if you will, will be rather weak allowing daytime temps to warm nice but not too much. Thought 73 was fair could see up to 75 as a max temp.

Archived