Newest Member
    SnowHabit
October 2016 Discussion/Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bluewave said:

HRRR picking up on the heavy elevated convection theme that the other models have been showing.

hrrr_t_precip_nyc_19.png

Places around NYC/CT/LI may actually see some thunderstorms later this evening. Would be welcome with the boring month we have had thus far precipitation wise compared to average 

8 minutes ago, REDMK6GLI said:

Places around NYC/CT/LI may actually see some thunderstorms later this evening. Would be welcome with the boring month we have had thus far precipitation wise compared to average 

Yeah, the models have the potential for thunder tonight with the heaviest convection.

SREF_prob_cptp_1__f021.gif

13 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

impressive chilly day here, temps have fallen from the upper 30's to the mid's 30's with snow, sleet and now rain.  Temps forecast to rise this evening so the records will likely not reflect what was a mid winter type day today around here.

Mid 40's here in the middle of the afternoon on October 27th! Impressive 

37 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Any reports of sleet on the south shore? I thought it was so unlikely I didn't even look for it. 

Windy and raw waiting for the LiRR. If this were January today would be an interesting day with lots of freezing rain before the warm surge

Agreed. Definitely nice to see the first frozen precipitation in the area for the first time this year though ;)

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Any reports of sleet on the south shore? I thought it was so unlikely I didn't even look for it. 

Windy and raw waiting for the LiRR. If this were January today would be an interesting day with lots of freezing rain before the warm surge

I had sleet here in SW Suffolk near the GSB at the very start of the precip this morning at 42 degrees. 

31 minutes ago, weathermedic said:

Temp jumped up to 51 as winds shifted to se here in Sheepshead Bay. Still in low 40's away from the immediate south shore

It's nice having the South Shore stations added to the hourly OBS so you can see where the warm front is.

Breezy Point     N/A     52 N/A N/A S22G28 
Jones Beach      N/A     52 N/A N/A S17G23 
Kennedy INTL   LGT RAIN  45  41  86 NE9  
Farmingdale    CLOUDY    42  40  92 E12  

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Had sleet in Merrick and Amityville this morning.

Intresting day here in southern brooklyn. Went down to 40f as the precip came in around 10-11am . Strong southerly winds all afternoon and  just hit 60f now. Amazing how the south or southeast wind can erode such a impressively cool air mass. Of course its nothing new around here. As far as rain amounts not that  impressive here with about 0.20 inches.

Archived