Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

Does anyone have an explanation as to why the GFS and CMC show initialized and forecasted pressure and winds far different from what is actually happening?

You are looking at products that do not show the proper resolution. My guess is the product you are looking at to view Matthew, showed Matthew as something near 980mb off of NC when it was near 940.

Urrgghh.......  very elderly people can be frustrating.  Just called my Step Father.  He is 88, not in good health and lives alone in a house near the ocean in Delray Beach Florida. North of Ft Lauderdale.  I mentioned that the hurricane could come closer to SE Florida.  He said, no its not coming here.  He said he watched the weather at noon.  I told him to watch the evening newscast, he said nope he's watching baseball and the Florida "weatherman" know alot more than me.  

7 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Urrgghh.......  very elderly people can be frustrating.  Just called my Step Father.  He is 88, not in good health and lives alone in a house near the ocean in Delray Beach Florida. North of Ft Lauderdale.  I mentioned that the hurricane could come closer to SE Florida.  He said, no its not coming here.  He said he watched the weather at noon.  I told him to watch the evening newscast, he said nope he's watching baseball and the Florida "weatherman" know alot more than me.  

Tell him the Japanese are attacking from the south and using the hurricane as a diversion. 

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You are looking at products that do not show the proper resolution. My guess is the product you are looking at to view Matthew, showed Matthew as something near 980mb off of NC when it was near 940.

I guess all the free sites don't show the proper resolution.

3 hours ago, weathafella said:

I think maybe not?   It seems to me that Matthew is at its most mature state and gradual weakening over the next few days is likely.  I think even in good background conditions these systems have a life cycle.  By consolidating equatorial heat and moving it poleward it is doing its job regardless of strength.

934 Jerry and ERC compete 5 is a distinct possibility. Now that is moved past its up welled water it's over high octane again

Archived