joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad this is out in fantasy land.   This would be quite scary if it were 3 or 4 days out and not over 200 hours out.   Odds are extremely low on something this extreme happening.  If Matthew develops, a  track more west seems to be a bit higher than yesterday.

By the way tides are low for late next week.  That is a good thing if some type of storm is threatening the east coast.

Untitled.jpg

34 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

GGW - GFS gone wild

no buns can begin to describe the epicosity of THAT mother-f solution - 

that's just about precisely.. .in fact, can someone just e-frame that?   that's a permanent web-header page, period. 

Category three hurricane hooking left at a higher translation speed than Sandy ... INTO the NY Bite, not down the coast...  that solution is what the evil of Sandy did wrong

32 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I'm glad this is out in fantasy land.   This would be quite scary if it were 3 or 4 days out and not over 200 hours out.   Odds are extremely low on something this extreme happening.  If Matthew develops, a  track more west seems to be a bit higher than yesterday.

By the way tides are low for late next week.  That is a good thing if some type of storm is threatening the east coast.

Untitled.jpg

the total evolution of the hell on Earth ... low tides mean nothing.  sorry

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Untitled.jpg

That's sandy but weaker

1 hour ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Yeah, 130mph winds on Long Island and 800 people dead sounds great to repeat.

A 1938 redux would actually be far more catastrophic than the original due to the exponential increase in population and changes to the land since then.  

Fanatasy land anyway.

I'll root for the up the Chesapeake Bay or Bob type scenario. 

45 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

A 1938 redux would actually be far more catastrophic than the original due to the exponential increase in population and changes to the land since then.  

Fanatasy land anyway.

I'll root for the up the Chesapeake Bay or Bob type scenario. 

As a former resident of Long Island this storm was always talked about during hurricane season. Westhampton and Southhampton where completely destroyed. Damage on that scale today would cost billions. I think the loss of life would be far less, but that part of the East End is not that easy to evacuate, as routes in and out are limited. 

12 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

As a former resident of Long Island this storm was always talked about during hurricane season. Westhampton and Southhampton where completely destroyed. Damage on that scale today would cost billions. I think the loss of life would be far less, but that part of the East End is not that easy to evacuate, as routes in and out are limited. 

Can you imagine?  Some would be a month without power I'm sure.

2 billion trees!  WTF?

http://www.weather.gov/okx/1938HurricaneHome

Archived