Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

My post wasn't directed at the forum...I barely read here anymore.  I'm talking about social media outlets (facebook, twitter, etc).  You'rw right I do get excited about severe weather events but I don't hype something up and go crazy just b/c some solution shows something crazy.  Not to goo too off topic but the events "fail" in many eyes here b/c everyone expects big outbreaks everytime or think when someone mentions severe weather it means big event.  

There is other relevant data to post and discuss about than a SLP chart which shows some major hit...all talk and discussions seem to always revolve around a SLP and some solution.  Never see much about mid-level charts or upper-level charts which are a much more accurate teller of what may transpire.  

It also has not only been the 18z GFS model run which has shown a less than stellar 500mb pattern...the past several runs have had a pretty meh 500mb look along with other pieces of guidance...but like I told someone the other day, you can't hype mid and upper level charts so they get overlooked.  

There is more "fun" in learning and expanding knowledge than just getting all gooey over SLP maps.  Perhaps if people spent more time understanding pattern types, pattern recognition, etc they wouldn't call bust and get all upset when things don't pan out. 

I agree and I think most people in here , despite having varying degrees of knowledge, know that as well.  I would hope nobody would call this a bust if an 18Z GFS run more than 200 hours away from its projected landfall ends up being wrong.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Important to keep in mind....that although it may seem we are coming to consensus....we are still 10 days out. Just this morning the trends were OTS.

Aye, we could all very well be back to poo-pooing this into oblivion come 0z tomorrow. Still, at this point it seems pretty reasonable to say that Matthew is a potent system with very high impact potential, and certainly worth keeping an eye on. 

Archived