joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

3-5"+ qpf this run

unrelated topic but ... this closed low was cyclically a big rainer in the operational ECM and GFS and so forth ... 'dry begets dry' somehow conquered the closed low for us.  

i wonder if dry-begets-dry can defeat a hurricane too - ahahhaha

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

unrelated topic but ... this closed low was cyclically a big rainer in the operational ECM and GFS and so forth ... 'dry begets dry' somehow conquered the closed low for us.  

i wonder if dry-begets-dry and defeat a hurricane too - ahahhaha

Hopefully not but these things are so finicky anything can happen, But we could use that rain at the least, That's for sure

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

High pressures can be sexy too.

you know this ...just sayn'

the high was more the impetus for Sandy's anomalistic behavior, too... should that be the deal here.

by the way follks, this run of so many renditions we've seen on this thing so far super-imposes over Irene's - almost precisely once N of the islands

Just now, powderfreak said:

Bob you'll be all over the first person posting about a Day 8-10 snow threat lol.  You hate those discussions with a passion it seems in the winter.

I'm sure I will.  It just gets annoying when people lock in or blah systems at that lead time.  Discuss all the realm of possibilities at that range.

1 minute ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'm sure I will.  It just gets annoying when people lock in or blah systems at that lead time.  Discuss all the realm of possibilities at that range.

Haha yeah I know, and it's been boring as all hell for 6 months so it seems different with a tropical storm.  

But even folks just discussing models at day 8-10 get ragged on all winter for discussing verbatim outcomes, even if it's just model talk.  

You can tell we are all itchy for even day 8 fantasy storms.

Archived