Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October 2016 General Discussion

IWXwx

1 hour ago, Powerball said:

Not this time around at least.

May have another shot a week from now if some of the latest models are correct, lol.

If we have to deal with these tropical systems, let's just continue to keep the **** out of the Gulf and I'm a happy camper. 

Still could make a brief landfall in South Carolina before looping back toward Florida.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Chambana said:

So Matthew never officially made landfall correct? The streak of major hurricane not striking the U.S continues lol missed by 20 miles. Looped the radar as that came out of Nassau, it's amazing how Matthew perfectly paralleled the coast, a rare track for sure. 

Onto to more local, September finished +5.5 AN, and 7 days into October we are running at +7, will surely be adding to that by next week. It's just amazing to me the lack of cold falls the last 4-5 years. 

Fall 2014 was quite below normal here.

Fall 2013 was slightly below normal.

Fall 2012 was slightly below normal.

Decembers have been pretty gross recently, not counting 2013.

5 hours ago, Chambana said:

So Matthew never officially made landfall correct? The streak of major hurricane not striking the U.S continues lol missed by 20 miles. Looped the radar as that came out of Nassau, it's amazing how Matthew perfectly paralleled the coast, a rare track for sure. 

Onto to more local, September finished +5.5 AN, and 7 days into October we are running at +7, will surely be adding to that by next week. It's just amazing to me the lack of cold falls the last 4-5 years. 

No kidding. Euro showing what would definitely be an October heat wave for much of the midsection of the U.S.

ecmwf_T850a_us_fh192-240.gif

12 hours ago, Chambana said:

Not so much, outside of last year. Here's the Illinois statewide average temperature departures for the last 5 Falls (based off 1981-2010 normals). 

2011: +0.5˚

2012: -1.5˚

2013: -0.4˚

2014: -3.2˚ (8th coolest on record)

2015: +3.3˚ (T3rd warmest on record)

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

I have a wedding to go to outside in Traverse 2 weeks from now. I am hoping it is going to still be peak color then. So far it looks to be on track especially with the warm weather next week.

Sometimes they are later than us if you are talking right in the lake. Huge difference between water and inland.

7 hours ago, Chicago WX said:

Not so much, outside of last year. Here's the Illinois statewide average temperature departures for the last 5 Falls (based off 1981-2010 normals). 

2011: +0.5˚

2012: -1.5˚

2013: -0.4˚

2014: -3.2˚ (8th coolest on record)

2015: +3.3˚ (T3rd warmest on record)

Guess it's just seemed warmer than it has been, part of that probably has to do with no show Decembers (2013 aside) since 2011, decembers lately have been almost become a 4th met fall month lol. 

Dipped down to 43 last night, felt so great to take a mug of coffee and a hoodie on a walk with my little man. What was supposed to be the coldest day this week has turned out right on average 68 degrees and gorgeous.

side note our sub has been dead, where is Schaumburg, Alek, buckeye etc...

34 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

I'm in the minority here, but I'm not rooting for cold. 45 doesn't do it for me. I either want 65 or cold enough to snow. Needless to say, autumn and early spring are my two least favorite seasons. I know, I'm not asking for much. lol

Nah I don't think you are in the minority on this one, most of us have been enjoying this weather we have had so far for the last 6 weeks. Once we get to Thanksgiving it can snow like mad.

4 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

That's quite a ridge that the euro's portraying with a dump of polar cold just to the east. A couple hundred mile bump to west and that trough driving down could be bone chilling for the eastern part of the subforum.

It's far enough out that things could certainly, and likely will change.

7 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Warm weather is fine with me.  I was just extremely tired of the humidity that never wanted to go away.  Burnt me out for the first time I can remember.  

Yeah I'm totally with you, I love warm weather but humidity just sucks. I didn't even notice how much I hated it until I went to Denver in late August and the air just felt so much nicer, even with similar temps.

50 minutes ago, josh_4184 said:

Nice rebound from yesterday cold and dreary with LER all day. Got the yard work caught up, but could not help but notice how far behind we still our on color in my area. Stating to look pretty nice but have a ways to go for peak color.

14520599_10207135990337677_499285784196414516425_10207135991737712_806183687814314604835_10207135993417754_6546058142304

Nice looking place you have there!! We haven't even begun changing colors yet down here.

Archived