Newest Member
    joxey
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, tramadoc said:

.68" of rain here since midnight. I don't see how we get anywhere remotely close to what the models are saying. The rain is broken up in these bands and we get drizzle, then nothing. Then drizzle. I think this area is going to be fine as far as flooding or heavy rainfall is concerned.

Its interesting because we are at approximately the same latitude, you are just well east of me, but I've got storm drains overflowing and the drains in the house making gurgling noises, must have 5-6 inches of rain by now. Maybe because the front made it this far before convergence from the onshore flow.

1 minute ago, Jet Stream Rider said:

Its interesting because we are at approximately the same latitude, you are just well east of me, but I've got storm drains overflowing and the drains in the house making gurgling noises, must have 5-6 inches of rain by now. Maybe because the front made it this far before convergence from the onshore flow.

Weird that the rain is broken up like it is from about the Chowan River to the northern OBX. KDH has only gotten about .50" since midnight.

Just now, tramadoc said:

Weird that the rain is broken up like it is from about the Chowan River to the northern OBX. KDH has only gotten about .50" since midnight.

because it started to go extra-tropical off the coast of South Carolina, that focuses the rain on the north-west side, then rain cooled air inland got mixed into the circulation. this would not have happened earlier on in the hurricane season but its October 8th so its more climo

28 minutes ago, Jet Stream Rider said:

We may be experiencing some of the heaviest rain of the day right now, thing is this band is not making much more westward progress moving slow piling up quick.  Power keeps flickering but so far so good

Archived