joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that's a weird map. One, I'm not convinced based on radar that it actually is that far to the NW, and two, I don't understand why the NHC didn't adjust the rest of the near-term track a bit northward. There's no reason for it to move SE unless it's trying to do the NHC a favor.

My mom called a little while ago. She lives in Sanford, NC. She has now lost power. There is a creek behind the houses across the street from her which has come out of it's banks, coming up to the doors of the houses. She also said her street is flooded. Luckily, on her side of the road, she lives way up on a hill.

1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

Gusts in the 40s to near 50 the last 10 min.  Watching branches fall out of the trees in real time.  One of the best weather days I remember in a long time.

I have a couple of 40 mph gust here and yeah limbs are flying.... there is a very intense band coming through Smithfield headed up that way, reports of 50 mph winds with that keep us posted

4 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Gusts in the 40s to near 50 the last 10 min.  Watching branches fall out of the trees in real time.  One of the best weather days I remember in a long time.

Woohoo hehe got to get the geek on right.....I just wish we were not getting all the rain, some wind gust and a few days with no power is one thing, towns going under water is another already lost 2 people today. 

2 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Woohoo hehe got to get the geek on right.....I just wish we were not getting all the rain, some wind gust and a few days with no power is one thing, towns going under water is another already lost 2 people today. 

Yeah, it's fun to watch for sure.  But it's sad to hear of casualties.

Power just went out here.

1 minute ago, packbacker said:

The HRRR initialized the SLP over MYR has it moving due east from now until 8pm and then moving NE to just off HAT overnight.

Yeah the center looks basically over Cape fear right now...maybe moving NE or even NNE right now hard to tell really with nothing left much of the eye....

53 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

What's left of the eyewall really sharpening up on KLTX, some lightening too.

Folks,,,,, CRAZY, THUNDER & LIGHTING!!!   I thought I was in a severe Thunderstorm for a few minutes.....

Along with SpringMaid Pier & Surfside Pier,, Destroyed..

Now, I just got a report...  Oak Island pier, is currently Lost the **TEE** on their end, rest of the pier looks close to Collapsing...  Oak Island is experiencing Bad Flooding...  

Pressure is now down to 981.04 hPa

Winds steady @ Tropical Storm force 35 Mph gusting to about 60 mph, Winds out of the East...

Snows Cut Bridge is now CLOSED...

Lots of Flooding in Carolina & Kure Beach Proper....

Last CAM grab I got before the Cam went down again...

I'm kinda DREADING what DownEast posted with that HRRR WindMap...  It has Me under the Blues & Dark Blues for this evening..

Lots of Huge Live Oaks where I reside.... At UTC 3:00.. I converted the Knots into MPH.. Which converts to at least 70MPH.. For HOURS! starting around 6 to way past 11PM!

OH MY,,, OH MY!!!!

All this rain,,, then those winds? Can you expect Numerous & LOTS of Downed Trees everywhere!!!! = NO Power for DAYS!

OIB pictured below...

OIB3.JPG

Archived