Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

If downstream rain totals are accurate I fear the 12-16" totals IMBY  on the latest runs are accurate, and they are under estimating the rainfall inland...as well.....why cant they be this right when they clown map me with 12-16" of snow......

Because we like snow. 

a little over 2" in the gauge as of 1pm, still scattered variety but that looks to be ending shortly.  Pine Log Canel which our property boarders to in the back has overflowed already and starting to come up the back.  It's about 15' wide and usually a foot or two deep,  it needs to get about 6' high to come over the bank and u would estimate it's a foot over that based on how much is under water back there.  Just heard thunder in the distance

Radar estimates show a very large area now of 4" with many pockets of 6-8", this is going to be a very widespread issue for sure and the winds really picking up now.

And now I'm hearing thunder too....  isn't that a little unusual in tropical systems?  Just don't remember hearing thunder with other landfalling systems

2 hours ago, downeastnc said:

Check this out this is 10 M wind gust from the HWRF and its valid for 6-9 PM tonight....Hugo and you SC folks might have to deal with round two as the dry air mixes into the huge heavy rain shield as the storm moves out....large area that is going to get a ton of rain looking at winds 50-70 mph could be extreme tree downage and power outages as a result....its a crappy image thats as big as I can get it will try to find a better link to it....but everything in the white and up is better than 55 knts, blues are hurricane force....

Looks like this is occurring in Charleston right now. 60kts(69mph) gusts occurring which is the strongest winds they have seen this event.

KCHS 081656Z AUTO 33042G60KT 10SM OVC023 23/19 A2933 RMK AO2 PK WND 32060/1654 RAE1558 PRESRR SLP931 P0000 T02330189 $

Southern Wake is getting absolutely inundated, surprised how far west the shield made it, totals in the Concord to Greensboro to Danville corridor are starting to pile up.

Over in Durham by the RTP it has been a heavy downpour pretty much all day. All the reseeding I did last two weekends ago is not looking so hot now...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

Southern Wake is getting absolutely inundated, surprised how far west the shield made it, totals in the Concord to Greensboro to Danville corridor are starting to pile up.

It is nuts here.  Sustained winds near 30 and frequent gusts near 40.  Limbs down and standing water everywhere.  Where it's not standing, it's flowing rapidly!

Archived