Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2"+ hr rates starting to setup shop from Florence to Lumberton to Clinton, won't be long before these rates work there way in to Fayetteville, an area that saw significant localized flooding just a week ago.  The Cape Fear is going to make a run at record along several points I think.  GFS has us getting an inch of rain before 10am, with the bulk (8") falling between noon and 10pm. 

1 minute ago, WeatherNC said:

2"+ hr rates starting to setup shop from Florence to Lumberton to Clinton, won't be long before these rates work there way in to Fayetteville, an area that saw significant localized flooding just a week ago.  The Cape Fear is going to make a run at record along several points I think.  GFS has us getting an inch of rain before 10am, with the bulk (8") falling between noon and 10pm. 

Sadly I cant seem to find any model that gives us less than 8-10" lol....if the dry air mixing does occur on the back edge of the wind shield for a few hrs and we do see gust to 60-80 mph inland its gonna be lights out for everyone...heck even gust 40-60mph will be bad...ground has been saturated for months and trees will drop like crazy.....

3 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Over 4" in the bucket and still pouring. No....I'm not going out there to check for the exact measurement :P 

how much does the gauge hold, ya might need to dump it at some point, you still got several hours of heavy rain at least....if ya run fast you wont get to wet :)

1 minute ago, downeastnc said:

how much does the gauge hold, ya might need to dump it at some point, you still got several hours of heavy rain at least....if ya run fast you wont get to wet :)

:lol:  It holds 8" and the only time I've had to dump it was last October during the flood. I'll be soaked in another hr or so when the pups get up and have to potty, so I can dump it then...lol. It was so much fun at 5:30 this morning that I can't wait for round 2 :lol:  CAE has reported several gusts to 50 and it's been steady at 25 for a few hrs :) 

Well here come the tornados, all those storms popping off the SE NC coast are gonna be trouble. from Cape Fear to Cape Lookout will be under the gun for that threat for the next 3-4 hrs at least....west of Cape Fear in those heavy bands is also a problem area with the typical quick little spin up couplets flaring up pretty much anywhere in those bands...I actually saw one of those little spin ups in Bertha it came out of the woods 300 yrds from the house and crossed a field, doesnt really look like a tornado and if it wasnt for all the limbs and leaves  and stuff in it I wouldnt have been able to see it very easily since its raining so hard....

18 minutes ago, SENC said:

Morning from Kure/Carolina Beach..  Low tide ATM..  Ocean is , looks like a washing Machine..  Heavy Rain..

Winds are at steady TS Force winds gusting to 50Mph.. I'll post as long as I have power...

Stay safe! I'm just up to the north of you in Sea Breeze. 

Power was already out for a few minutes and has been flickering ever since.  So it won't take much to knock it completely out, I'm sure. And yeah,  there have been tornado warnings throughout Brunswick and New Hanover counties this morning.  

Morning everyone. Just got back from walking my dogs and yes we got wet. Light to moderate rain here at times. Winds down by the river were probably blowing in the 20-30mph range but only 10-15mph by the time it made it to my house. heaviest rains to the west and southwest of me right now.

Here is a Cam Snip... Sorry I don't have a "Smartphone"..  you can see the Ocean over wash occurring. This is from the Northend WAAAY north of Me at the northend of the Island... It's Fortified with a Rock/Jetty type wall, It's being breached,,   I'm at the South end  off Dow Road Area..     (In the poor areas of the Island...) 

beach.JPG

12 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Man, we are going to get a LOT of rain today!

yeah you got about 10-12 more HOURS of rain like you getting right now....sucks so bad....and then here is the latest river forecast for Greenville this would be top 3 or 4 all time and would require evacuations n some areas...the state has been careful to avoid letting people return to areas hit hard by Floyd but 20 ft would be getting into 100 yr + flood plain...

pgvn7_hg.png

Archived