Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bsudweather said:

Wasn't this thing modeled to have already started turning by now? Its Got its Eye set dead on HH. 

Agree... If it doesn't turn soon, we will have landfall in the next couple hours.  Its already very close.

41 minutes ago, Angela T said:

I wish you guys would include more central Va / RIC in your graphs and discussion since we are apart of the MA. We get lost here b/w the MA and SE and get very little information for this area.  You know, we still get weather here and would like to be included in graphs and tracking. Hope you will include this area and if so , I thank you!!

As a long time poster/viewer of this thread.. It's not like that.  Sometimes I make jokes about Columbia, SC not being included vs NC... but you sound pretty serious....   Nothing is against you or your area here....  What I will say is that no one here is your personal forecaster or anything.  Personally, I consider Virginia the Mid-Atlantic, not the Southeast.

Anyway without a turn soon, this thing is coming in South of CHS.

And I think people would be happy to talk about Richmond if you were expecting to have a big event. But this looks like 1-1.5" of light to moderate rain over the next 24 hours for the area and very little chance of anything more significant.

As for the storm, I thought it may have been slowing down but now I think I had been looking at the radar too long. It seems locked in and if anything it looks like the eyewall is going to try to graze Tybee Island if it isn't already.

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

As a long time poster/viewer of this thread.. It's not like that.  Sometimes I make jokes about Columbia, SC not being included vs NC... but you sound pretty serious....   Nothing is against you or your area here....  What I will say is that no one here is your personal forecaster or anything.  Personally, I consider Virginia the Mid-Atlantic, not the Southeast.

Parts of va can be like NC, but not the part I live in. My area is more like RIC and DC. We have a very similar climate. But, does not matter, this area gets lost in this forum of weather. When looking at storms , we are like in no mans land with little information for this area.Just look back on Mathew and see the void of information for this area. 

6 minutes ago, Dunkman said:

And I think people would be happy to talk about Richmond if you were expecting to have a big event. But this looks like 1-1.5" of light to moderate rain over the next 24 hours for the area and very little chance of anything more significant.

As for the storm, I thought it may have been slowing down but now I think I had been looking at the radar too long. It seems locked in and if anything it looks like the eyewall is going to try to graze Tybee Island if it isn't already.

I really hope the eyewall is tricky on radar, but I agree that whole area is at risk for landfall now.  I expected the East motion before now... We are 10 min or so from high tide in the area  at... at high tide there... this is not good for anyone down there.     

I do  remember modeling taking it up right to the coast and then "skirting it".. but also remember some modeling bringing it inland (HWRF runs) and exiting around Myrtle Beach and coming up towards NC.

Than again, that is probably the lack of posters in this area, so there fore the lack of attention. Maybe more posters from this area need to be more forward on this forum. I think I just may, because I have enjoyed the conversation and learning that I have during the time I have been watching and learning. Night all.

5 minutes ago, Angela T said:

Parts of va can be like NC, but not the part I live in. My area is more like RIC and DC. We have a very similar climate. But, does not matter, this area gets lost in this forum of weather. When looking at storms , we are like in no mans land with little information for this area.Just look back on Mathew and see the void of information for this area. 

Yes. That is correct and not a new revelation. It has been discussed since the forums began. This is the Southeast forum, not the Mid Atlantic. May peace be with you.

1 hour ago, sctvman said:

Worst case scenario for our area. Only had a couple blips of power off so far on James Island, but this won't last as the winds get stronger. Our neighborhood barely had any water during the flood last year, but a mile or two away had major flooding. 

Where exactly are you on James?

1 minute ago, sctvman said:

Harbor Woods. Between Harbor View and Fort Johnson. About 16 feet elevation here. That's why we're staying. Didn't get much if any water damage during the flood last year. 

I was wondering about how high you were up.  Winds have gotten insane up here in Ladson.  Just has some 50-55mph wind gusts.  I saw a couple transformers flashing off towards the SE and S of me.

Just now, sctvman said:

Harbor Woods. Between Harbor View and Fort Johnson. About 16 feet elevation here. That's why we're staying. Didn't get much if any water damage during the flood last year. 

Ok, I know where that's at.  That stretch of 95 you spoke of is messed up anyway.  Tree's are ungodly close to the road for an interstate.  

Archived