Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Folks...  Reside in SENC, Kure /Wilmington Beach to be exact.. hoping for a Warm welcome.. Just discovered this board... Very interested In the Outcomes.. I hope to post a few Obs up here..  I did notice Postings from DownEastNC, Reading pages back... On that GFS, (Have I got that right)?  Monday run, seems to be becoming to fruition...

2 minutes ago, SENC said:

Hello Folks...  Reside in SENC, Kure /Wilmington Beach to be exact.. hoping for a Warm welcome.. Just discovered this board... Very interested In the Outcomes.. I hope to post a few Obs up here..  I did notice Postings from DownEastNC, Reading pages back... On that GFS, (Have I got that right)?  Monday run, seems to be becoming to fruition...

Welcome aboard mate! And batten down the hatches!!! 

5 minutes ago, metwannabe said:

Starting to think some of those model projections for rainfall will be correct, there is a ton of rain on the north/northwest side....

I was just noticing the same thing, some of those are starting to creep into the southern parts of E NC

The NW side of the storm inland is really firing up

4 minutes ago, SENC said:

Welcome look forward to you storm reports...should be good for gust to 70-80 mph there at least....this thing is going to get hybrid fast on the NW side and if ILM is correct and the low level lapse rates do spike up when the dry air intrudes on the rain shield it could actually be worse once the center is east of you.....

2 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Welcome look forward to you storm reports...should be good for gust to 70-80 mph there at least....this thing is going to get hybrid fast on the NW side and if ILM is correct and the low level lapse rates do spike up when the dry air intrudes on the rain shield it could actually be worse once the center is east of you.....

DownEast, I can give a somewhat *Limited* Obs from today.. We've had ENE, & ESE winds the past 2 Days,, This afternoons hightide was ,, how can I say? Exceptional, Way above normal by a few feet.. Covered Most of the Roads on the North end of Carolina beach..  Winds were at 15~20 Mph  holding steady, No rain "YET"...  We have had LOTS of rain last Wednesday & Thursday.. The Ground is very saturated... mostly I'm concerned about flood Surge, Lots of Rain, & trees coming down..  DownEast,, again a HUGE Thank you post last Mondays GFS... That seems to be in the cards...  Barrier Islands here are under a Voluntary Evac as I type..

2 minutes ago, Ser Pounce said:

I'm seeing the telltale green flashes of transformers going out from the downtown Charleston north of Crosstown side of the Ashley River.

I appreciate those detailed reports SP, I have a niece riding it out in Mt Pleasant. She expects to loose power, and I agree. Take care down there.

24 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

charleston running 3ft higher than normal at low tide per chs nws.  NOT GOOD.

Am I reading this wrong? Because it looks like the low tide was only about two feet higher than the normal low tide (not that that's not significant). Or was the low from earlier in the week already higher than normal?

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=chs

2 minutes ago, NCSU_Pi said:

Am I reading this wrong? Because it looks like the low tide was only about two feet higher than the normal low tide (not that that's not significant). Or was the low from earlier in the week already higher than normal?

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=chs

Tides at CHS Harbor running ~3 ft higher than normal AT LOW TIDE!! Life-threatening flooding during high tide around 1 AM Sat!! #scwx #chswx

13 minutes ago, Jet Stream Rider said:

I appreciate those detailed reports SP, I have a niece riding it out in Mt Pleasant. She expects to loose power, and I agree. Take care down there.

Thanks! The transformers I saw go I'm pretty sure are related to the outage above Hampton Park on the peninsula. If you know your niece's address you can look up her specific area Here. I can't speak for specific areas but SCE&G has done a great job trimming trees far away from power lines on the inner areas just on the other side of downtown. People complain trees look bad afterwords, but it doesn't matter when you would otherwise not have power.

Gusts aside from Folly are generally in the 30s-40s at this point. There's still a long way to go though. In this specific area only small branches are down right now.

1 minute ago, Ser Pounce said:

Thanks! The transformers I saw go I'm pretty sure are related to the outage above Hampton Park on the peninsula. If you know your niece's address you can look up her specific area Here. I can't speak for specific areas but SCE&G has done a great job trimming trees far away from power lines on the inner areas just on the other side of downtown. People complain trees look bad afterwords, but it doesn't matter when you would otherwise not have power.

Gusts aside from Folly are generally in the 30s-40s at this point. There's still a long way to go though. In this specific area only small branches are down right now.

I expect after midnight, thimgs are going to get quite crazy in the Lowcountry.  I'm in Ladson/Summerville and I do expect and have prepared for power outages minimum. In best case scenario.  Definitely the strongest storm since Hugo poised to hit us. 

3 minutes ago, Stormsfury said:

I expect after midnight, thimgs are going to get quite crazy in the Lowcountry.  I'm in Ladson/Summerville and I do expect and have prepared for power outages minimum. In best case scenario.  Definitely the strongest storm since Hugo poised to hit us. 

1 AM tide will be quite dicey down that way.  Heavier rains heading in... possible spin ups your way too.   Be safe!  Luckily you are a fair amount inland from CHS.

Archived