SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this has a 50/50 shot of landfall in SC tonight. Still heading pretty much due north at a good clip. Also organization has improved considerably this evening. THis still has potential to be really bad tonight for coastal GA/SC. Inland flooding over SC/NC tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Stormcatt said:

Way too early . It was wrong a lot last winter and to be honest I have no clue how it does with tropical

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It was successful the prior winter when it was one of the first to make the distinction between precip types. Now the nam and Euro do the same thing. The RGEM has lost its sparkle!

Seems like the NE motion he has now has settled in, he will at the least clip Charleston, I am going to predict the west side of the center getting on shore around Georgetown, SC up towards Pawleys Island and then just crush Myrtle up to ILM with the north eyewall, then move barely inland along the NC coast over Jacksonville and New Bern and then out into the sounds and smacking MHX and Emerald Isle and the OBX on the way out......I just think the track will not be such a sudden east shift right at ILM it will be a more gradual turn. Probably at least a 95-105 MPH cane when he hits....

this is pretty much the track I see Matt taking in NC ( obviously since she came in from the SE this doesnt work south of ILM ) 

7 minutes ago, metwannabe said:

As mentioned above Matthew looking pretty good, moving at a good pace and has SC in his cross hairs. SC might just take it on the chin hard...
That northern eye wall means business

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From just south of Savannah up to Charleston is going to take a serious lick.  Might be the worst from the storm.  I can stress enough how the coastline shape and unique wetlands and marshes around will allow for some very serious flooding.  

Archived