SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Matthew

NWNC2015

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah we all need the rain in both of western NC and SC. Hopefully this system weakens before coming into the Carolinas, if indeed it does come this far west. The coastal areas really do not need a major tropical system.  By the way, congrats on the red tag.

Thanks man! Its sad that we up here in the western part of nc/sc would welcome 3-5 inches of rain but 100 miles east and it could ruin crops.

Mike Maze from WRAL said this on Facebook:

Someone on my Facebook page posted the track of Hurricane Hazel from back in October of 1954 and the actual track looks eerily similar to the current track of Hurricane Matthew. Unfortunately I don't have access to the upper level wind charts of how the atmosphere looked when Hazel made landfall in North Carolina so there could have been a different set of pressure patterns at play back then. We shall see what the future holds and if Matthew is more trouble than what we currently suspect!

15 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Mike Maze from WRAL said this on Facebook:

Someone on my Facebook page posted the track of Hurricane Hazel from back in October of 1954 and the actual track looks eerily similar to the current track of Hurricane Matthew. Unfortunately I don't have access to the upper level wind charts of how the atmosphere looked when Hazel made landfall in North Carolina so there could have been a different set of pressure patterns at play back then. We shall see what the future holds and if Matthew is more trouble than what we currently suspect!

This discussion of Hazel's track sounds....familiar...;)

Just now, WidreMann said:

Back in my day, people would look at upper level trends and such to see where things would likely end up at the critical hour. C'mon folks!

thunderstorms much stronger over oregon this run @24, arctic ice a tad stronger too, def gonna be a sc hit, 935mb landfall in north myrtle.

3 hours ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Who is this Guy?Like

Love
Haha
Wow
Sad
Angry

An idiot named Kevin.  Who runs around on a site called "GLP" or "godlikeproductions" aka a conspiracy forum.    Long story short, he has been a problem for a very very long time in the weather community.  Even NOAA got involved with him.  

Archived