Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
PTC Matthew

PaEasternWX

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Looks like a Cat 4/5 Tornado just went through. I know the structures there are not properly built but still incredible power.

Probably worth noting this was on the north side of the Tiburon Peninsula in Jeremie. I hate to see what happened on the south side where it made initial landfall.

7 minutes ago, andyhb said:

Probably worth noting this was on the north side of the Tiburon Peninsula in Jeremie. I hate to see what happened on the south side where it made initial landfall.

Wow... yeah considering that video is on the protected side... I wonder if there is really anything left to the south.

Tonight should be fun.. Whenever Matthew starts restrengthening in the next hour or two or three all bets are off as to how low (and high) he goes. System is really starting to tighten up, at least on IR, so should start to explode soon.

Wow... yeah considering that video is on the protected side... I wonder if there is really anything left to the south.

Not that Haiti wasn't already one of the poorer nations prior to the 2010 7.0 quake, but much of the peninsula is location to people living in shoddy constructed shelters for homes that were displaced after that event. I hope it doesn't turn out they weren't evacuated to the eastern portion of the island.

Just now, jojo762 said:

How though? It doesn't look like the eye wall is over the island yet. If this is a legit reading, then something must be wrong with the HH readings, or could be they just haven't sampled that quadrant yet, I guess. 

Those are not HH readings. They're observations from near George Town.

Recon is about to sample that part of the storm, so will be interesting to see if they find the same thing. (Deleted original post, I mistook where Exuma Int'l was. But yes I know those aren't HH readings, was implying that their readings might be off, or it could be they just haven't sampled it yet, which is the case.)

Data from Air Force Reserve and NOAA Hurricane Hunter aircraft
showed lower winds in Matthew than seen during the previous
mission, with peak 700-mb flight-level winds of 103 kt and estimates
near 95 kt from the SFMR instrument.  Based on these, the initial
intensity is reduced to 100 kt.  However, satellite imagery
indicates that the hurricane is becoming better organized, with the
eye trying to re-appear and cooling cloud tops near the center.  In
addition, the eye has contracted to 15 n mi wide and the central
pressure has fallen to 961 mb.  This suggests that the winds are
about to increase.

Now can we stop seeing "it's not intensifying" posts? Thanks.

Data from Air Force Reserve and NOAA Hurricane Hunter aircraftshowed lower winds in Matthew than seen during the previousmission, with peak 700-mb flight-level winds of 103 kt and estimatesnear 95 kt from the SFMR instrument.  Based on these, the initialintensity is reduced to 100 kt.  However, satellite imageryindicates that the hurricane is becoming better organized, with theeye trying to re-appear and cooling cloud tops near the center.  Inaddition, the eye has contracted to 15 n mi wide and the centralpressure has fallen to 961 mb.  This suggests that the winds areabout to increase.

Now can we stop seeing "it's not intensifying" posts? Thanks.

Storm has a hot tower. That's all one needs to know.

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk

• wxmx unpinned this topic

Archived