SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
PTC Matthew

PaEasternWX

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thread would be so much more readable without all of the premature post-storm analysis. Nobody is going to care if you were the first to pinpoint the exact landfall location, properly call a bust, or have picked the "right" computer model in your capacity as a hobbyist. For the sake of those of us here to read reasoned analysis from the pros and to the extent that such p**sing contest antics qualify as banter, keep it in the banter thread!! That's why it's there!!

Here is video from Freeport somebody posted on FB:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154586868414911&id=516264910

That video was upload over 4 1/2 hours ago before the eye moved over the city. Intense reflectivity in the NE eyewall that parked over the western portion of the city for over an hour between 6:15 and 7:45 EST and eventually pushed through. Of course, not sure where he was located when the video was recorded. Anxiously awaiting word from there.

Just now, jh28wd40 said:

The OIW is starting to creep into the IEW  it's like watching a lion vs an elk on National Geo...

Yeah...sure does look that way. That strong area of convection that was hanging out on the NE inner eye wall is now moving to the north/north west side and the NE side looks weak...it sure looks like it is giving way to the OIW. Would make a rather large eye wall if that does occur, which would matter. 

A 328 degree heading will send the western eyewall into Canaveral from where it sits right now.  KMLB shows 100+mph winds with it.  Stop with the no landfall posts already.  I don't know that it will and you don't know that it won't, but at least use some facts to back up the speculation.

5 minutes ago, F-5 said:

A 328 degree heading will send the western eyewall into Canaveral from where it sits right now.  KMLB shows 100+mph winds with it.  Stop with the no landfall posts already.  I don't know that it will and you don't know that it won't, but at least use some facts to back up the speculation.

Basing off of a center-fix from KMLB velocities, the center should get very close, if not cross over, the cape. I generally prefer velocities for tracking the center/movement on radar, significantly less noise.

Dear lord some of you need to take a break. This thread is derailing. I would agree the Space Coast is still very much at risk and yes the oblique angle makes this very difficult. If for some reason it were to miss I am thinking most would be more than happy with that outcome who live there. 

So actual satellite trajectory isn't fact? Actual model output showing offshore isn't fact? If those aren't fact, visual facts, I'm not sure what is. Look Im not trying to downplay this but the idea of a LF in central FL has diminished quite a bit from this time last night. You're right though.....nobody knows for certain but I have stated facts. I'm cheering against LF btw fwiw. I don't want a natural disaster. I also have family stuck in Disney World attm.

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

So actual satellite trajectory isn't fact? Actual model output showing offshore isn't fact? If those aren't fact, visual facts, I'm not sure what is. Look Im not trying to downplay this but the idea of a LF in central FL has diminished quite a bit from this time last night. You're right though.....nobody knows for certain but I have stated facts. I'm cheering against LF bow fwiw. I don't want a natural disaster. I also have family stuck in Disney World attm.

No one could tell...and sorry to hear that you have family stuck in the path of this storm...

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

So actual satellite trajectory isn't fact? Actual model output showing offshore isn't fact? If those aren't fact, visual facts, I'm not sure what is. Look Im not trying to downplay this but the idea of a LF in central FL has diminished quite a bit from this time last night. You're right though.....nobody knows for certain but I have stated facts. I'm cheering against LF btw fwiw. I don't want a natural disaster. I also have family stuck in Disney World attm.

The good news Disney World should be fine. They will get some close to Hurricane force gust. The odds of this making it that far inland are very small (not saying it can't happen), but I doubt it. 

8 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

80+mph winds associated with the western eyewall are currently 11.3 miles from the coast near Jupiter, FL.  

11.3 miles.

• wxmx unpinned this topic

Archived