Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
PTC Matthew

PaEasternWX

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, LakeEffectKing said:

Unless Matthew is screaming up the coast, it won't travel in a perfectly straight line paralleling the coast.... thus even if the models never make landfall, the trochoidal wobbles, will certainly increase the chances of multiple landfalls if indeed Matthew rides just offshore by 20 or 30 miles...

Nevertheless I think the East Coast of Florida from Melbourne northward will periodically at least be in the western eye wall...

... and that is not even mentioning the often difficult to model land interaction of a core so close to land....

Correct.

3 minutes ago, jojo762 said:

Seems like the outer eye wall is shrinking. Signs of strengthening, after the ERC is complete (if it ever is complete.)

Even with the decay of the inner eyewall, the organization looks to be improving with symmetry of the CDO and the center becoming more well placed in it as it expands.

7 minutes ago, SN_Lover said:

Incredible battle between the inner and outer. Outer looks wicked right now. biggest eye to make landfall? 

Really interesting radar loop..  I think any wobbles or direction changes people are seeing with the inner circulation are more related to this interaction than the overall movement of the system.  As some posted above watch the movement of the outer eyewall feature to determine system movement.

2 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

Really interesting radar loop..  I think any wobbles or direction changes people are seeing with the inner circulation are more related to this interaction than the overall movement of the system.  As some posted above watch the movement of the outer eyewall feature to determine system movement.

Still headed in the direction of Cape Canaveral and Melbourne.

2 minutes ago, csnavywx said:

Blast from the IEW, fighting again. Fascinating to watch. Looked like the dry moat was filling in and then it reappeared.

The Miami radar is amazing as the outer wall tightens it grip on the inertial while the friction of closing is almost retrograding the inner eye.

2 minutes ago, Windspeed said:

Freeport is getting absolutely mauled. The NE eyewall has been stationary over it for too long.

367c3ced69042ce012cbada0b1bcb1ff.jpg

wxmx's Spirograph effect...while the body of the storm moved NE and the inner wall retrograded under the outer wall, it's stayed nearly stationary in real space.

lol I remember mine well from back in the day.

• wxmx unpinned this topic

Archived