Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
PTC Matthew

PaEasternWX

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, SnowlieSnowstormson said:

Silly question for the mets, but is it possible for the inner eye to begin interacting with the outer eye given how close they seem to be getting?

Yes....and if it does, some of the angular momentum can be transported into the inner EW, and relative the the outer, become stronger....thus halting the ERC....

....and yes, this can lead to strengthening of the max wind speeds in the inner EW, and a deeper pressure...but at the expense of the outer bands intensity...

This wind sensor west of Freeport at the western tip of the island will give us lots of data (I hope) as the eye seems likely to pass right over it in 3-4 hours. Winds are recorded every 10 mins.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=SPGF1

(Settlement Point, it's always on the Florida hourly obs with Florida southeast buoys too)

Interesting features on the 0.5 degree scan from KAMX in the eastern part of the inner eyewall. Large Zdr and Kdp for a tropical system. It happens to coincide with the bottom of the melting layer so I wonder if it is a result of both a large number of moderate sized raindrops and a few, oblate melting aggregates. Also some nonuniform beam filling reducing RhoHV along a few radials that partially intercept the top of the convection in the eyewall.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just now, heavy_wx said:

Interesting features on the 0.5 degree scan from KAMX in the eastern part of the inner eyewall. Large Zdr and Kdp for a tropical system. It happens to coincide with the bottom of the melting layer so I wonder if it is a result of both a large number of moderate sized raindrops and a few, oblate melting aggregates. Also some nonuniform beam filling reducing RhoHV along a few radials that partially intercept the top of the convection in the eyewall.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Its probably birds. We saw the same thing with Hermine and Alex 

6 minutes ago, Thrasher Fan said:

Maybe this has already been discussed today but how are the tidal charts lining up with possible landfall? I briefly glanced at the charts for most of the Fla coast last night and it seemed high tides are occuring in the 1-2 AM time frame.

From here you can navigate to wherever just not Colorado.

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/tidestation.cgi?call=EW7223

• wxmx unpinned this topic

Archived