Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2016-2017 Autumn/Winter Banter, Whining, Complaining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

2 hours ago, Powerball said:

It was an extremely long winter for one (which technically started in November and didn't end until April). I also can't stand extreme cold, which 2013-2014 had more than its fair share of. Lastly, having a consistently deep snowpack does nothing for me (I find it to be a nuisance more than anything, especially if it's snow on top of snow).

The only good thing about it is that I can say I survived the worst winter ever.

This is my summary for that winter too. I do though during extreme winters like that enjoy seeing how high the snowpack can get and root for it to reach heights I've never seen.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today is a perfect example of why I loathe mid Feb thru the final break in old man winter's back.   We come off a couple of teasing days around 70 degrees only to switch to a cloudy, windy, day in the upper 30's with intermittent grauple (sp?) showers.    Weather depression extraordinaire.   Days like today make the thought of a permanent move to the far south, or southwest US, something to put on my bucket list.

40 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Today is a perfect example of why I loathe mid Feb thru the final break in old man winter's back.   We come off a couple of teasing days around 70 degrees only to switch to a cloudy, windy, day in the upper 30's with intermittent grauple (sp?) showers.    Weather depression extraordinaire.   Days like today make the thought of a permanent move to the far south, or southwest US, something to put on my bucket list.

Amen. This point in the season is always brutal, especially even more so this year. March can be such a lousy, depressing, windy, damp month. 

7 hours ago, Hoosier said:

I can't even tell you how many times I drove past this place while living in LAF.  Dang

http://www.wlfi.com/2017/02/23/manager-amazed-winning-powerball-ticket-sold-at-lafayette-gas-station

Haha wow.  If you would have just stayed there another year or so, you could have been a millionaire right now lol.  

4 hours ago, buckeye said:

00z Euro OP trolling the MA and NE hard....widespread 30-50" DC to Boston day 9 :lol:

I hope it's right. The GFS wants to poop all over my trails in Ontario.

Basically the GFS risks canceling my trip. The Euro and Canadian don't.

2 hours ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

Alek died due to not being able to accept being wrong about the election

I believe his last post mentioned how smart people always knew how the election would turn out. Alek turned out to be wrong about the whole thing and ended his career at AmWx.

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'll see you guys next Saturday. My location for the next cold blast. :sun:

uExVljr.jpg

Well I know I officially dislike you :)  I seriously hope we don't start off spring like the 12z GFS, ugh. Enjoy the trip and bring that back

6 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Lol its board wide. My biggest storm this winter was 10.9 with 2nd place 4.7. So this should be my 2nd or 3rd largest snow of the season.

it would kind of be a shame to squeak out just enough snow for us down here in CMH to break into double digit snowfall totals, (10"+ for the season).

Something to be said about a weenie like myself surviving a winter with single digit snowfall totals.  Dare I use the word, heroic?  What doesn't kill the weenie only makes him stronger.

We go from 6-8+" on the 12z suite to a mere 1-3" on the 0z suite tonight, apart from the 12km Nam, lol. 

Goes to show us Toronto folks to never get excited about anything until it happens. Last couple of winters has taught us that very well.

Even more disappointing is the fact that NYC/Philly area could get another 2 foot snowstorm, which has become a common theme in every Winter for the last 10 years. All these Winters have left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm starting to dislike Winter itself. Its hard to understand, but when you've seen 4 of your top 5 least snowiest Winters in the last 10 years, it's self explanatory. 

All we can do is hold out some hope till 12z runs tomorrow, but pretty good agreement on todays 0z, lol. Should it fail, I think that'll do it for my passion in weather as a whole and my enthusiasm in seeing snowstorms.

Sorry for the rant, but tonight was awfully disappointing, again! 

Archived