Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2016-2017 Autumn/Winter Banter, Whining, Complaining Thread

HillsdaleMIWeather

when it comes to snow, the cascades are untouchable

Thursday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature rising to near 23 by 10am, then falling to around 19 during the remainder of the day. South wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 22 to 28 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 18. Windy, with a south wind 22 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 35 to 41 inches possible.
Friday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 22. Breezy, with a southwest wind 24 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 25 to 31 inches possible.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

when it comes to snow, the cascades are untouchable

Thursday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature rising to near 23 by 10am, then falling to around 19 during the remainder of the day. South wind 14 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 22 to 28 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 18. Windy, with a south wind 22 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 35 to 41 inches possible.
Friday
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 22. Breezy, with a southwest wind 24 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 25 to 31 inches possible.

83-100 inches possible in 36 hours. :o

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Neighbor is getting all his trees cut down.  My first thought as a weenie:  what, if any effect will this have on the wind patterns? :lol:  Not sure but I'm guessing perhaps a marginal increase in wind speeds due to less objects/friction.

It would make your anemometer more accurate if you have a weather station.

With this great late October and early November weather, we've had much more sunshine than normal in this time period, rather than steely gray skies. The downside is difficulty seeing to drive due to the sun in your eyes. With the low sun angle, it is a problem for an extended period of the day (like almost all day).

I know, people will find something to whine about no matter how nice the weather, but the problem is real.

2 hours ago, IWXwx said:

With this great late October and early November weather, we've had much more sunshine than normal in this time period, rather than steely gray skies. The downside is difficulty seeing to drive due to the sun in your eyes. With the low sun angle, it is a problem for an extended period of the day (like almost all day).

I know, people will find something to whine about no matter how nice the weather, but the problem is real.

Yeah it's a real pain, especially since morning and afternoon commute more or less line up with sunrise and sunset now.

5 hours ago, IWXwx said:

Nah this one I will definitely agree, I noticed it driving into work yesterday not only was the sun in my face but the reflection off the road too.

4 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Man, hope Geos is alright.  Just checked the central/western sub to see if he had been posting over there and hasn't, so checked his profile.  Says he hasn't even visited the site since July 27.  Very unlike him.

He moved to Washington I believe.

I have a Wunderground weather station now.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMIHOWEL28

This has my camera on it: https://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/faBiuZWsmKKkrJqr

https://www.bloomsky.com/product

I have the Sky 2 right now.

"The updated 5 in 1 weather camera station accurately measures Temperature, Humidity, Barometric Pressure and Precipitation" 

Just waiting on my Storm to arrive. 

"High precision 4 in 1 wireless weather device measures real-time UV, Rainfall, Wind Speed & Direction"

Archived