Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Fall Thread

dryslot

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last nights Euro and todays 12Z GFS were so promising for inches and inches of rain late week/weekend.  Now this afternoon's Euro has a totally different solution.  

Mid month and I'm at .24"    We have 4 friends with dry wells but I am amazed there are not more people without water.  Glad the trees are going into dormancy.  Pond has been dry for 3 months now.  I wonder how many rainstorms its going to take to saturate the surface enough to actually start filling it back up.  

Last nights Euro and todays 12Z GFS were so promising for inches and inches of rain late week/weekend.  Now this afternoon's Euro has a totally different solution.  

Mid month and I'm at .24"    We have 4 friends with dry wells but I am amazed there are not more people without water.  Glad the trees are going into dormancy.  Pond has been dry for 3 months now.  I wonder how many rainstorms its going to take to saturate the surface enough to actually start filling it back up.  

Local mets talking about rain next weekend. I just laugh to myself. You can't beat this pattern. Always another week away.

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Warm front just came through. Pushing 60 now. CON pushing 70.

I'm up to 63F.  Lower clouds have moved off so just a thin cirrus overcast.  Foliage is really fantastic, posted a drone flight from this AM in the foliage thread.  Maples are holding onto their leaves and now the oaks are changing too.  Usually don't see that but we have had little wind since Monday.  Wonder how much of a southerly wind will pick up tomorrow?  One breezy day and we will have substantial leave loss.  It seems my peak is always around Oct 14-17.

No rain here either.  Well, technically, a trace, but that could have been dew.

Lake Champlain is now at its lowest level for October 16 since 1941.  Which means that unless you're in your 80s, you've never seen it this low.  And speaking of 80s, we're supposed to get there tomorrow, which means another drop in the lake level due to evaporation.

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah...only had a T here too, but there appeared to be some heavier showers on radar last night moving through N/C VT-NH. Looks like a tenth to a quarter inch up north...NBD really. After I posted I saw GYX had showers in the forecast.

MPV only recorded .08" but it felt like more for some reason.  I guess I wasn't expecting it either.

Jackpot!  .03" last night.   Up to .26" for the month.  It will really be ironic if we miss most of the rain from the late week setup.  System goes west keeping the best rain west of New England.  New system with tropical connections develops too far east.   Hope it doesn't work out like that leaving us in a no man's zone of sorts.

Windows open, another beautiful day.  70F

A Severe  lady bug warning is in effect.  Hundreds of them on my windows and screens.  My cat Tess seems to enjoy  eating them. She is feasting this afternoon.

Second straight GFS run brings snow to the mts of NN!!!!!!!!!!.  Ll-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-lock it baby.  Big big big big winter incoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(minor quibble both shut me out- clearly erroneous but otherwise lock it!)

gfs_asnow_neus_34.png

On 10/15/2016 at 9:12 AM, wxeyeNH said:

First frost and freeze.   30.1F    Newfound Lake was fogged in, now clouds are lifting.  Foliage is about at peak.

Untitled.jpg

peak.jpg

Great pictures but have you thought about getting a pond?

Too soon?

3 hours ago, klw said:

Second straight GFS run brings snow to the mts of NN!!!!!!!!!!.  Ll-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-lock it baby.  Big big big big winter incoming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gfs_asnow_neus_34.png

You moved away from snow. The Upper Valley just can't compete with the hills of Peacham, Groton, Danville etc.for snow and retention. I think I remember you saying you gained some elevation but your old area did pretty well. Oh well, I guess there is more to life than snow....... wait, that's just crazy talk, you're screwed. 

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

You moved away from snow. The Upper Valley just can't compete with the hills of Peacham, Groton, Danville etc.for snow and retention. I think I remember you saying you gained some elevation but your old area did pretty well. Oh well, I guess there is more to life than snow....... wait, that's just crazy talk, you're screwed. 

I lost about 90' of elevation but I am still around 1200'.  I think while I will miss out on the constant snow globe of Peacham, I will be in a better spot in coastal storms.

3 hours ago, klw said:

gfs_asnow_neus_34.png

Such mixed emotions. That will really screw with my attempt to have the first cabin up before winter... But bring it on!!!

New camera going up by the weekend. Should be delivered tomorrow 

35 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

so the storm comes from the south this friday, yet mtns and into quebec get nearly double the rain????

Looks like we get squeezed between the Ohio Valley system and the storm coming in off the ocean.  Hopefully we get a good soaking.  Goth the GFS and NAM put the heaviest axis of rain out in the St. Lawrence but seem to give a region wide watering.  Mtn snows show up on two more runs! (though stopping a few miles from MBY)

namconus_ref_frzn_us_47.png

gfs_asnow_neus_26.png

Archived