Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE Fall Thread

dryslot

4 hours ago, adk said:

In all but the worst years, 72" depths at 4000ft are almost a given. In fact they are almost a foot below average max depth (88") for the snow stake - which is not at 4000ft. 

I can all but assure you that SB is going to have a 6 foot pit of snow around that cam at some point this year. 

It's a great product though and SB should be applauded. 

I'm still smarting from last winter

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Event totals: 4.6” Snow/0.32” L.E.

PF asked about ratios for this event – the 0.9” from the morning came in at 12.9, the 3.7” from the day came in at 14.8, so it was 14.4 for the overall event.  There's still a bit of light snow falling out there, although I’m not sure if it will amount to anything that needs to be added to the total.

Details from the 6:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 3.7 inches

New Liquid: 0.25 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 14.8

Snow Density: 6.8% H2O

Temperature: 30.2 F

Sky: Light Snow (1-3 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 6.0 inches

30 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

Event totals: 4.6” Snow/0.32” L.E.

PF asked about ratios for this event – the 0.9” from the morning came in at 12.9, the 3.7” from the day came in at 14.8, so it was 14.4 for the overall event.  There's still a bit of light snow falling out there, although I’m not sure if it will amount to anything that needs to be added to the total.

Details from the 6:00 P.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 3.7 inches

New Liquid: 0.25 inches

Snow/Water Ratio: 14.8

Snow Density: 6.8% H2O

Temperature: 30.2 F

Sky: Light Snow (1-3 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 6.0 inches

Yeah I actually want to amend my earlier comment...the dogs and I have been outside playing in the yard and it's definitely warmer out there now but no real settling... though the snow is getting "clumpy" in a snowball type of way.  I think we got more liquid than I originally thought and it's not as fluffy as I was thinking.  There's some liquid in it.

I had almost the same exact total so the 1/3rd of an inch of liquid sounds good.

Look like around 4" around here. Still had some flurries drifting down gently. Normally 4" would warrant firing up the snowblower but since I have a crushed slate driveway, I like to have a packed snow base so the snowblower doesn't end up becoming a machine gun lol. So we will drive over for the next few days. 

Look like around 4" around here. Still had some flurries drifting down gently. Normally 4" would warrant firing up the snowblower but since I have a crushed slate driveway, I like to have a packed snow base so the snowblower doesn't end up becoming a machine gun lol. So we will drive over for the next few days. 

We had some reclaim asphalt put down and the blower didn't look like it.

Event totals: 4.7” Snow/0.32” L.E.

We picked up a final tenth of an inch of snow yesterday evening/overnight, with a trace of liquid.  That should mark the end of this storm.

Details from the 6:00 A.M. Waterbury observations:

New Snow: 0.1 inches

New Liquid: Trace

Temperature: 30.6 F

Sky: Partly Cloudy

Snow at the stake: 5.0 inches

The next event to affect the area is anticipated tonight into tomorrow with an inch or two:

Area Forecast Discussion

National Weather Service Burlington VT

701 AM EST Tue Dec 6 2016

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/... Tonight we will have our next system approaching from the Southwest. This is another warm front with some decent shortwave energy. It should stay cold enough across our area to mainly just see snow with this feature. Overnight minimum temperatures will be around the mid 20s to around 30. Light snow will move into our forecast area from the Southwest during the second half of the overnight hours. Have mainly high chance to low likely pops and have also gone with mention of light snow. This feature will weaken over time as it tracks Northeastward. Best shortwave energy will exit off the Mid Atlantic coast. Expect just minor snow accumulations with this event, generally just 1-2 inches.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'm just not a radiator. Bottom of the hill here was 19F this AM. Some of those weenie HADS sites around CON were 14-16F. We just haven't had much in the way of deep low level cold yet.

I am here to a certain extent, Its has to be the right conditions with little to no wind and HP over northern Maine for a cold air drain, I sit in a valley on the outskirts of a watershed district, But i torch easily on any winds out of the SSE as i'm pretty exposed

With this morning’s updates, below are what appear to be the totals from yesterday’s storm for the Vermont ski areas listed north to south.

Jay Peak: 11”

Burke: 5”

Smuggler’s Notch: 6”

Stowe: 6”

Bolton Valley: 5”

Mad River Glen: 6”

Sugarbush: 9”

Killington: 6.5”

Okemo: 5”

Bromley: 3”

Magic Mountain: 3”

Stratton: 5”