Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Fall Thread

dryslot

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's nice that he has a site like that to give us a glimpse. Wx2fish turned me onto that site as he goes up there quite a bit.  I never knew how much of a weenie spot that area is. You know it's cold and snowy, but I had no idea to that level.

Totally insane and a real snow weenie area, The day 5 of of us rode the ME/NH border near there, We had to haul in fuel to the area so not to run out with the sleds, But the best one was when we stopped in this one area, And one of the guys we were with had to take a leak, He was like 6'3" tall, He stepped off his sled and totally disappeared in the snow, It took the other 4 guys to dig him out, That's when it made me a believer....................lol

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q- Dendrite and ORHwxman's signatures appear to be single spaced while I just seem to have an extra space I can't figure out a way to clear.  Any suggestions?

Oh I had to brush snow of the cars this morning.  Yeah start to the season.

6 minutes ago, mreaves said:

If you all and Oceanstwx will contribute, I will take the hit and get a place up there just to get the obs.  It will be a sacrifice but I'm willing to do it for science.

I would go up in mid May and find knee deep snow in shaded areas by the Second CT lake, then come home and plant tomatoes.

Fun place to visit, but anyone who moves there on purpose needs a full psychiatric evaluation. :yikes:

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

If you all and Oceanstwx will contribute, I will take the hit and get a place up there just to get the obs.  It will be a sacrifice but I'm willing to do it for science.

We should all pitch in and buy a plot at like 2200 feet east of Pittsburg and build a cabin with a decked out weenie weather station and a webcam. 

I'm thinking we'll average around 200" per year there in the prime upslope spot  

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We should all pitch in and buy a plot at like 2200 feet east of Pittsburg and build a cabin with a decked out weenie weather station and a webcam. 

The camera would be a snow globe on a daily basis during winter

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Id love to know what the Route 3 border crossing averages. Its not in that eastern ridgeline but its ~2300-2400ft

13 minutes ago, dryslot said:

The other thing i found interesting was that some of the fir trees looked like they were 3-4' tall in this one area until you realized there was another 6-10' of tree below the snowpack

I had a similar experience 10-12 years ago up by Jay Peak.  We had stopped trailside in an area that is developed now but at that time only had the roads laid out.  One of the guys I was with noted that the street signs seemed to be short and then I pointed out that they were normal height but that we were standing on a substantial snowpack.

19 minutes ago, klw said:

Q- Dendrite and ORHwxman's signatures appear to be single spaced while I just seem to have an extra space I can't figure out a way to clear.  Any suggestions?

Oh I had to brush snow of the cars this morning.  Yeah start to the season.

Hold shift+enter when going to a new line.

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I had a similar experience 10-12 years ago up by Jay Peak.  We had stopped trailside in an area that is developed now but at that time only had the roads laid out.  One of the guys I was with noted that the street signs seemed to be short and then I pointed out that they were normal height but that we were standing on a substantial snowpack.

Yup, lol, It looked like a young tree farm where we were, I also see some of that up in the county as well with the trail signs, In the summer if you go 4 wheeling, They are 10' high on the trees when in fact there about 5'-6' when on the trail

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Isn't it in a gap between mountains too?  I've only been up there a couple of times but that spot seems like it would get buried.

There is somewhat of a gap where it crosses. Its interesting driving into Canada, flattens out into farm country pretty quickly north of the border.

17 minutes ago, adk said:

rippin little "snow" shower in BTV right now. More like dippin dots than flakes but whatever...still nice to see. 

Awesome lake enhanced band going with the very cold air moving over the lake on NW flow and then hitting the higher terrain.

MRG/Sugarbush getting ripped right now.

IMG_3599.GIF

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Awesome lake enhanced band going with the very cold air moving over the lake on NW flow and then hitting the higher terrain.

MRG/Sugarbush getting ripped right now.

IMG_3599.GIF

5" new snow overnight at the stake on the Subgarbush cam. Still looks to be coming down nicely there too. Awesome band of lake effect in October. 

33 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Id love to know what the Route 3 border crossing averages. Its not in that eastern ridgeline but its ~2300-2400ft

That's gotta be a sick spot. That area near the rt 3 crossing is the highest thing around if you head WNW or NW until you get up to like the Tremblant area well NW of Montreal...so they probably absolutely clean up with upslope.

BTW where the cursor is on this map is roughly the area we need to set up the cabin and weather station...there's some road access there where you could potentially build a site....lol:

Pittsburg_Site.png

Archived