• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Hermine obs

FallsLake

getting ready to be game on I think...the rainfall rates are higher than what the radar depicts which is typical in tropical/high PWAT setups, I look at precip totals over me on Nexrad frm the 3 radar sites that see me and it varies from .50" to 3"....so we should see the totals climb quicker...everyone below the red line will see 3-4" the black area stands the best chance for 6"+ IMO.....maybe even some 6-10" totals right along the coast from ILM to MHX.....

WUNIDS_map (1).gif

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Last time I checked the bucket, it said the rainfall amount was closing in on 5".  It's still raining :D   mby is sitting in the pivot :wub:     

See thats good info the Columbia radar estimates are for way less than that....this shows how bad the radars do at showing the actual rate.....this is total precip for the area and there is nothing over 2.5" .

WUNIDS_map (2).gif

Its crazy how the wind screws with my rain gauge.....its not a high dollar one nor is it with a weather station which is on my to get list ( has been for long time never seems to happen) but I have been home since 3:30 ( had 1" in it) and its been raining steadily or even heavily the entire time and its only got .15" more in it than when I got home and there is no way I haven't had .50" in that time. 

17 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

Its crazy how the wind screws with my rain gauge.....its not a high dollar one nor is it with a weather station which is on my to get list ( has been for long time never seems to happen) but I have been home since 3:30 ( had 1" in it) and its been raining steadily or even heavily the entire time and its only got .15" more in it than when I got home and there is no way I haven't had .50" in that time. 

I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 and I have been surprised at the amount of rain I have gotten at times. There have been time when I thought I have gotten at least .25" and my gauge only showed .10". Unless it has been coming down pretty hard, maybe you only did get .15". Get yourself a CoCoRahs rain gauge. They are only $35 and they are probably more accurate that the one I have.

3 minutes ago, AJF0602 said:

Its been nasty here in Jville all day, just got home from work and I saw a lot of flooded yards.

I can hear the wind now from inside the house....its not that bad yet but we may be tickling 30 mph in gust...maybe we can get a few 40-45 mph gust when it gets east of us off the OBX, the models tighten it up a bit.....the NE OBX might gust 50+.....it gets pretty potent again at 850 MB with 60-80 mph winds over eastern NC but closer to the surface 30-40 look about the best we can expect....but ya never know. 

Archived