Newest Member
    Dano62
September Obs--Fall is on the way

Avdave

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Isopycnic said:

I was in the new bern area that week. It poured for days.

It was brutal its the highest I have seen several of the creeks here since Floyd in 99.....here is a video of Chicod Creek on Hwy 33 in eastern Pitt CO, during Floyd it was 2-3 ft over this bridge....the water is usually 8-10 ft below the bridge easy, the creek is usually 15 ft across and maybe 4 ft deep.....

3 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

^ Looks like the main line is stalling now over eastern NC.  We've got a band of light to moderate rain that has seemed to stall out over Raleigh.  I can see the back edge of the line out of my window in downtown.  But it hasn't made much progress east over the last hour.

Getting hammered here at the moment....probably .50" in the last 20 mins....if this keeps up for a few hrs we will get 2-3" easy.

22 minutes ago, ThePhotoGuy said:

Miserable weather conditions here in Nags Head, NC. A couple local weather stations are reading over 1.25 since midnight. Went up towards Duck/Carolla, very heavy rain and flooding on many roadways. A couple stations up there were reading greater than 2.50. 

Sorry you're getting all that rain. OBX is a fun place. If the rain lets up head over to Jockeys Ridge. Should be easier walking on the sand when it's wet.

15 hours ago, FallsLake said:

Sorry you're getting all that rain. OBX is a fun place. If the rain lets up head over to Jockeys Ridge. Should be easier walking on the sand when it's wet.

Yeah, it is a great place, just wish the rain would stop.

Heavy rain since midnight and thunder throughout the night. Woke me up multiple times. 

Drove through south Nags Head when the rain stopped last night, a lot of flooding on the streets and grassy areas. Can't imagine what it looks like now with all the rain. 

Archived