joxey
September Obs--Fall is on the way

Avdave

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Isopycnic said:

It's pretty awesome...

Fran was a true monster hurricane, the center went 70-75 miles SW of PGV and we still had wind gust over 100 mph.....it was late in the night and all you could see was power flashes and hear stuff breaking....constant thud of trees hitting the ground and then for maybe a hr at the peak we had sustained winds 50-60 mph and gust to 110 mph and I actually for the only time in a hurricane worried the roof might come off. 

4 hours ago, BFF said:

So I moved to CLT about 6 months ago. Typically when can I expect it to be in the low 80s for a high. I'm dying in this heat!

Edit to not completely derail the thread 94/65

In a typical year, it should already be in the low to mid 80s on a daily basis in Charlotte. This is September. It should not be 90+ consistently in September.

RDU

August, 2016

Average Temperature: 82.1F (+3.6)

Total Precipitation: 3.01in (-1.25)

Frequent isolated thunderstorms with about average temperature during the first 10 days. For the rest of the month, sunny / partly cloudy with above average temperature persists. The cold front brings isolated thunderstorm and decrease in temperature around Aug 20. There are 23 days with the highest temperature >= 90F and 7 days with the highest temperature >= 95F. The highest temperature of the month is 99F on Aug 26, and the daily minimum on Aug 13 and 14 is 77F, which is the highest during the month. There are several days with 500mb height above 5960, especially around the middle of the month.

Archived