Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential Hermine Impacts

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Pamela said:

I have to disagree with you there; with that much tropical moisture places like NYC and Long Island are looking at an extended soaking rain and probably a good deal of urban flooding as well.

I'm still trying to find a model that shows that.  The 12z Canadian is the only one so far that gets some rain into NYC 

1 minute ago, Neblizzard said:

I'm still trying to find a model that shows that.  The 12z Canadian is the only one so far that gets some rain into NYC 

The Canadien is wet...the NAM is very close...and your global (GFS) is really only 50 miles SE from being a huge rainmaker...these models are no good with tropical systems...so you have to expect larger potential margins for error than with a mid latitude cyclone...

10 minutes ago, Pamela said:

I have to disagree with you there; with that much tropical moisture places like NYC and Long Island are looking at an extended soaking rain and probably a good deal of urban flooding as well.

Wow you are differing with every forecast

23 hours ago, Allsnow said:

the worst of the weather for the metro area would be sunday evening into monday morning. Winds 50-70 knots and driving rain. this is if the euro is correct

It's out and it's the absolute worst case scenario possible for Delaware and eastern Maryland. I'm talking really really bad...

18 minutes ago, Pamela said:

The Canadien is wet...the NAM is very close...and your global (GFS) is really only 50 miles SE from being a huge rainmaker...these models are no good with tropical systems...so you have to expect larger potential margins for error than with a mid latitude cyclone...

Even on 12z GFS the precipitation field is very nearby:

PA_000-120_0000.gif

29 minutes ago, Neblizzard said:

I was just going to say the same kinda thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the models seem to keep the moderate/heavy precip south of NYC but the wind field is a different story.

• Rjay locked this topic

Archived