Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sept Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, H2O said:

I want to start a Hermine contest once it looks like it will hit us.

Ideas?

Total rainfall at OC, SBY and DCA?

Highest gust recorded at the 3 and total rain for EastCoastNPZ for the tie break?

Number of times NPZ refers to Stephens City as a "hellhole" or something similar during Saturday/Sunday timeframe?

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Fwiw, thanks for all for then discussions on the system - my wife and I are on the fence over a 3-day hiking/backpacking trip over west va/va border and whether we go is dependent on how this shakes out and the discussions have been a huge help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shiit, I'd go. not much impact out there, even with a further west track. sure, some rain/wind on sunday... def not enough to cancel the whole trip.

just my opinion. :) 

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Fwiw, thanks for all for then discussions on the system - my wife and I are on the fence over a 3-day hiking/backpacking trip over west va/va border and whether we go is dependent on how this shakes out and the discussions have been a huge help.

Pack your sunscreen.

14 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I think you are ok.  If it was in NY then you might need to wait until tomorrow to make that call.

For me, the Hermine discussion feels like analyzing model runs for a Miller B that's going to drop 30" with 50 mph gusts from The Berkshires through Downeast Maine, while we get a few pity flurries followed by cold, dry NW winds.

OK...maybe not as *painful* as that, but you get my drift.

2 hours ago, mappy said:

shiit, I'd go. not much impact out there, even with a further west track. sure, some rain/wind on sunday... def not enough to cancel the whole trip.

just my opinion. :) 

thanks, not overly worried for us (although hiking in 3 days of steady rain wouldn't be ideal) - but we have a son in HS we would leave back home and didn't want to be gone if the weather was tropical storm windy and what not give our trees and proximity to a stream prone to flooding...

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

thanks, not overly worried for us (although hiking in 3 days of steady rain wouldn't be ideal) - but we have a son in HS we would leave back home and didn't want to be gone if the weather was tropical storm windy and what not give our trees and proximity to a stream prone to flooding...

Ahh yes. There is that. sorry... 

32 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I smell a HS hurricane party

Really want to go down to OC to catch some views of this thing. Wanted to stay  here due to cheap deal -- https://www.google.com/maps/place/12718+Ocean+Gateway,+Ocean+City,+MD+21842/@38.3472987,-75.1862056,13z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x89b9284d1ce7a5b3:0xf37166149dbcd2fa!8m2!3d38.3361453!4d-75.1099307 -- 

I know if I went down tomorrow, I could get to OC tomorrow, but when I came back to sleep at the hotel, what do you guys think the chances are of the bridge being shut down to get to OC Sunday morning? I am ubering btw to avoid having to park my car somewhere safe

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived