joxey
Sept Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mappy said:

I saw it but couldn't recall the name

Yeah, I couldn't remember either so I was a little worried I'd have to scroll through a couple months of banter threads to find it.  My vinyl shutters are about 12 years old and have gotten pretty weathered. The last thing that I want to do is replace them so hopefully this stuff works its magic for an extended time.

In other news, I've got an itch for crabs this weekend.  Need the rain to stop before Saturday morning.

Yeah, I couldn't remember either so I was a little worried I'd have to scroll through a couple months of banter threads to find it.  My vinyl shutters are about 12 years old and have gotten pretty weathered. The last thing that I want to do is replace them so hopefully this stuff works its magic for an extended time.

In other news, I've got an itch for crabs this weekend.  Need the rain to stop before Saturday morning.

Let me know how it goes. I take Bobs word that it works wonders, but always nice to have another persons take on it.

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'll be dock crabbing in Hilton Head in a little over a week. Great time of year for some hefty arthropods down there. Great fishing, too.

47 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

If it doesn't work just give it to me. I'll trade a natty boh tall boy and a handful of skittles. 

You had me at Natty Boh.

5 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I'll be dock crabbing in Hilton Head in a little over a week. Great time of year for some hefty arthropods down there. Great fishing, too.

Fall crabbing is absolutely the best. Later start time, uncrowded water, perfect weather, beautiful foliage, and fat, fat crabs. Not to mention that a side trip to the Jessup seafood markets for fresh oysters helps to make for the perfect fall Sunday of football and seafood.

21 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You had me at Natty Boh.

Fall crabbing is absolutely the best. Later start time, uncrowded water, perfect weather, beautiful foliage, and fat, fat crabs. Not to mention that a side trip to the Jessup seafood markets for fresh oysters helps to make for the perfect fall Sunday of football and seafood.

Nice. Sounds like an awesome fall weekend day!

I'm not generally a big crab guy, but I have ready access to my wife's aunt's dock right on a tidal creek, so I can't *not* crab while I'm out there! It's great...throw the trap in and fish for sheepshead right off the dock while I wait for the crabs. Do that a dozen or so times and I'm loaded up. Plenty of flounder, redfish, and trout out there, too, so I can choose to go out in the kayak if I want.

Head back in, get showered up, and grab a beer. Maybe head out for dinner (and oysters) in the evening. Nothing like it.

11 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Nice. Sounds like an awesome fall weekend day!

I'm not generally a big crab guy, but I have ready access to my wife's aunt's dock right on a tidal creek, so I can't *not* crab while I'm out there! It's great...throw the trap in and fish for sheepshead right off the dock while I wait for the crabs. Do that a dozen or so times and I'm loaded up. Plenty of flounder, redfish, and trout out there, too, so I can choose to go out in the kayak if I want.

Head back in, get showered up, and grab a beer. Maybe head out for dinner (and oysters) in the evening. Nothing like it.

Man, that sounds fantastic. I wish I was a better fisherman, but for all the fishing I've done in my life, I still have no idea what I'm doing. I get lucky from time to time, but the good fishermen are skilled. It's lucky for me that I just like to be out here. What you describe is perfect for me even without catching anything.

I hope Matthew doesn't screw up your trip. 

11 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Man, that sounds fantastic. I wish I was a better fisherman, but for all the fishing I've done in my life, I still have no idea what I'm doing. I get lucky from time to time, but the good fishermen are skilled. It's lucky for me that I just like to be out here. What you describe is perfect for me even without catching anything.

I hope Matthew doesn't screw up your trip. 

Thanks, man. We should be OK, even if we get some bad weather for a day or two. As long as we can head out on Friday morning, I'll be happy. If not, we'll just go on Saturday and stay an extra day on the back end.

Ive been fishing all my life, and it's a serious love of mine. It's a skill that can take a while to learn, and the patience is key. After a while you learn to think like a fish - where would they be given a tide, temp, etc. and how do you get the bait/lure to them in a way to entice them to eat. My daughter is already showing an interest...even if she wants to wear a princess dress while she does so! :lol:

Love that your showing your daughter how to fish, Mattie. I went fishing all the time with my dad. Shortly after he died, I was told by one of his coworkers that my dad use to go on and on about how much he was looking forward to taking my daughter fishing. She was only a year and a half when he passed, so I hope to one day be able to take her, like her grandpa wanted too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, mappy said:

Love that your showing your daughter how to fish, Mattie. I went fishing all the time with my dad. Shortly after he died, I was told by one of his coworkers that my dad use to go on and on about how much he was looking forward to taking my daughter fishing. She was only a year and a half when he passed, so I hope to one day be able to take her, like her grandpa wanted too.

That's really cool, K. My Dad took all four of us fishing, but my older sister was the girly girl and wasn't big on it - my younger sister, though, was all about it. They're some of my favorite memories of childhood.

I hope you get to teach the little one how to get out and enjoy the outdoors and to appreciate some of those simplicities of life, just as I'm sure grandpa would have liked!

That's really cool, K. My Dad took all four of us fishing, but my older sister was the girly girl and wasn't big on it - my younger sister, though, was all about it. They're some of my favorite memories of childhood.

I hope you get to teach the little one how to get out and enjoy the outdoors and to appreciate some of those simplicities of life, just as I'm sure grandpa would have liked!

Thank you :wub:

8 hours ago, mappy said:

:hug::wub:. I got something in my eyes reading that.

The emojis were easier to see.;)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived