joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those overflowing with money, you can now get an ultrasonic anemometer for your Davis that is plug and play. Ginxy should throw one of these up on his tower to be the first guinea pig. I'm interested to see how they perform in winter as the specs only have it rated to -15C. I'm not sure how it's possible with the VP2, but they claim a 0.1m/s resolution and 2 updates per second. It's honestly not too bad for an ultrasonic sensor in the $700-$800 range.

http://www.rainwise.com/products/detail.php?ID=6954&Category=Sensors:Wind_Sensors:LCJ_Capteurs_Ultrasonic_Sensors&pageNum_cart=/products/index.php

http://www.lcjcapteurs.com/product/self-powered-ultrasonic-wind-sensor/?lang=en

i'd be wary of the solar poweredoption at our latitude though...both the winter insolation and the possibility of ice and snow.

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Just started getting breezy here but only managing about 10-12mph.

Gonna' head up into MPM land to pick apples and hopefully feel a few gusts. 

Hopefully u brought a hoodie and sweat pants. Seems to be a requirement in that magical place.

38 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Enjoyed the view and some deliciously dry New England Cider at our friends new tasting room at Wheel-View Farm in Shelburne.

The furthest Mt in the distance is Monadnock.

Drove by MPM's house but didn't see the shawled one in the yard.

WVF.JPG

Nice--I saw the Wheelers had opened that.  You must have gone by while I was taking a break from splitting.  Lots and lots to cut and split.

18 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Happy Labor Day folks, one of the best Labor Day weekends for weather in recent memory.  Just full chamber of commerce weather Sat/Sun/Mon.

14195465_10102649269953640_7517377799443

Trees starting to have that "leathery" look...lol.  I was just thinking of that the other day as I past some trees with some color on them and how we haven't had much early leaf talk this year.

I leave next week for a three week trek out to the Pacific Northwest to sell our syrup at some farmers markets out there and I expect to see some color when we return the first week of October.

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

The boring weather did wonders to keep my bride happy. Saturday we got a perfect 77/53 day for exactly a 0 on the departure.

Now I get back to work, and it's gray and cool.

Congrats! Glad to see GYX brought the nice weather..lol.

Chilly anf raw here still. 66. Looks like to my south where there is a bit more erly flow, it's in the 70s.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Congrats! Glad to see GYX brought the nice weather..lol.

Chilly anf raw here still. 66. Looks like to my south where there is a bit more erly flow, it's in the 70s.

Thanks man!

Looks like we've scraped our way to 72, but miserymist has just started and the needle is moving in the other direction.

It's amazing though. The weekend was just a string of COC weather, then the first day everyone from the wedding has to be back to work is 60s and 1 1/2SM drizzle at PWM.

Archived