SnowHabit
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Chamber approved, men in suits everywhere taking pictures

Dews finally dropping thru the 50s here - they were 60s yesterday with some juicy-looking cumuli above the forest 40 miles north of BGR.  Since we were thrashing thru sapling hardwood thickets all day, I was glad nothing reached the ground.  In those conditions, the only choice in rain would be whether to get soaked in salt water or fresh.

roasty runs coming in for next week.  not so much in the MOST trustworthy of all models, the GGEM, but ... the Euro has 18-19C 850s in well mixed BL for D6 and add a tick or two for D7...   and, if that boundary late on 7 proves over amped (gee, when has a late mid range Euro solution proven THAT), it's likely a september heat wave :axe:

...if it happens...

BTV agrees on the Chamber of Commerce weather...get outside and enjoy it.  Probably going to be a top weekend for outdoor recreation.

Lows will widely range from the upper 40s to low 50s along the Lake Champlain shore, to mainly mid 40s elsewhere, except for mid/upper 30s in the coldest hollows of the Adirondacks, i.e. SLK. High pressure remains in control for Saturday with morning fog burning off by 10am with mainly clear skies and a light northerly wind expected. 925mb temps around +14-17c will support highs ranging through the 70s, except upper 50s to low 60s at elevations above 2000 feet. A perfect day for a hike!

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:36 PM, HoarfrostHubb said:

Went through a pretty wicked pissah deluge on Rte 2 in the Fitchburg area around 3:15

dropped temps around 13 degrees but soup city now

I drove through that, too.  What a downpour.  Route 2 had about 6" of water on it with the storm drains overflowing.  Traffic was down to about 10 mph to get through the water.

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

roasty runs coming in for next week.  not so much in the MOST trustworthy of all models, the GGEM, but ... the Euro has 18-19C 850s in well mixed BL for D6 and add a tick or two for D7...   and, if that boundary late on 7 proves over amped (gee, when has a late mid range Euro solution proven THAT), it's likely a september heat wave :axe:

...if it happens...

Meh.  My high this summer has been 87.5--I'm not holding my breath for a 90* day in September.

9 hours ago, JC-CT said:

I bet his station is broken

You don't know the beauty of GC.  The progged low 80's on Thursday and Friday are simply frightening.

I'm consistent with many of the stations up here.  It doesn't get hot and it no longer snows.

7 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Severe has somehow been non-existent in NW MA the past 2 years and I haven't had a warning level snowfall since mid-Feb 2015. 

The weather here has just blown chunks since the 25" in October (excluding Irene).

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

You don't know the beauty of GC.  The progged low 80's on Thursday and Friday are simply frightening.

I'm consistent with many of the stations up here.  It doesn't get hot and it no longer snows.

The weather here has just blown chunks since the 25" in October (excluding Irene).

Irene was before the Oct storm.

Archived