Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fall+Banter

Ginx snewx

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Pretty big area near and under .5"  The first inch storm will be nice. I may get 1" of snow, before I get a 1" rain event. :lol:

Just wasn't following those guys on here talking about big denting event . Always appeared there'd be a few lucky areas. But we even posted it looked like a big screwgie in the middle for many areas. 

Based on the proggec next 10 dry days .. it looks I'll come in at .86 for the month of September.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just wasn't following those guys on here talking about big denting event . Always appeared there'd be a few lucky areas. But we even posted it looked like a big screwgie in the middle for many areas. 

Based on the proggec next 10 dry days .. it looks I'll come in at .86 for the month of September.

It's all subjective. What is a dent? It basically worked out as I figured. Some nice bands near ORH within the min zone. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's all subjective. What is a dent? It basically worked out as I figured. Some nice bands near ORH within the min zone. 

It sounded like the dent was anything over an inch. Anything under .50 evaporates by noon tomorrow lol. I can't believe  how dry it is just under the topsoil. Like dust.

This makes like bust #5 for the Euro this summer.

24 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

May 30th was my last one.  1.21"  :weep:

Had precisely 1.00" on June 6.  To get above the 1" mark I have to go back to late March.  Last calendar day precip over 1.12" (what I measured on 2/16 in one of the many snow-washed-away-by-rain events) was the Jan 10 torch-deluge that dumped 2.29" with thunder.

Rain ended by 8 AM at my place.  Needed 0.03" after my 7 AM reading to reach half an inch for Sept. 

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

I thought it was a pretty good event...tough luck for the SE MA folks north of a PYM-PVD line....but the other bad drought area in metrowest/northwest 128/495 belt did quite nicely and the CT Valley and up along Rt 2 cleaned up along with south coast.

yea nice dent for some .63 here at normal now for September 19th 

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

I thought it was a pretty good event...tough luck for the SE MA folks north of a PYM-PVD line....but the other bad drought area in metrowest/northwest 128/495 belt did quite nicely and the CT Valley and up along Rt 2 cleaned up along with south coast.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

"A few lucky areas" apparently includes about 50% of SNE and a good chunk of NNE that got greater than 0.5" and quite a large geographic area of 1"+. 

Looks like a decent dent (1"+) for the vast majority of Mass north of the Pike (as well as way up into VT/NH), and then also along the south coast.  Also back towards the ALB area it was one of the larger precipitation events in recent weeks there as well.

Will's summary is spot on.  Tough break from TOL to BOS to TAN but this was one of the more widespread rain events we've seen in quite a while in terms of geographic coverage of 0.5-1.0"+ amounts.  Polygon is spots under 1/2".

CsvXqvYWEAARZil.thumb.jpg.1edeb6c9d22e5079ed85eb561af7b6d4.jpg

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

"A few lucky areas" apparently includes about 50% of SNE and a good chunk of NNE that got greater than 0.5" and quite a large geographic area of 1"+. 

Looks like a decent dent (1"+) for the vast majority of Mass north of the Pike (as well as way up into VT/NH), and then also along the south coast.  Also back towards the ALB area it was one of the larger precipitation events in recent weeks there as well.

Will's summary is spot on.  Tough break from TOL to BOS to TAN but this was one of the more widespread rain events we've seen in quite a while in terms of geographic coverage of 0.5-1.0"+ amounts.  Polygon is spots under 1/2".

CsvXqvYWEAARZil.thumb.jpg.1edeb6c9d22e5079ed85eb561af7b6d4.jpg

Which just happens to be where 75% of SNE population lives and breathes 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Which just happens to be where 75% of SNE population lives and breathes 

If it doesn't happen in Tolland, did it ever really happen at all?  Just making sure we are moving the goal-posts now to population weighted rainfall instead of a "few lucky areas" that encompass like 50% of New England spreading into upstate New York.

This was the largest rain event for the region in quite some time.  Sorry it didn't play out that well for you (though it does look like you were mere miles from a stripe of 0.5-1.0" that cut into northern Tolland County).  Don't worry, you'll get plenty of QPF as snow this winter ;).

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

If it doesn't happen in Tolland, did it ever really happen at all?  Just making sure we are moving the goal-posts now to population weighted rainfall instead of a "few lucky areas" that encompass like 50% of New England spreading into upstate New York.

This was the largest rain event for the region in quite some time.  Sorry it didn't play out that well for you.  Don't worry, you'll get plenty of QPF as snow this winter ;).

It didn't play out well for the vast majority of SNE save ORH Nw and the far south shore. Those were the two areas we pegged as probable Jack's and we mentioned screwgie for the meat of the region. The big dent for everyone and Euro forecast didn't work out overall unfortunately. It was nice to see the drought region of SE NH cash in.  They are ground zero 

It pretty much played out as modeled....actually quite well based on the higher res models and the areas highlighted were mentioned for about 2 days.  If anything I thought the zone in nrn MA would be a bit further NW.  Otherwise it had the look of light rains .25 to .50 or so in the areas outside of the heavier rain. 

I just don't know what to do anymore. Those who have yards probably are doing the same as me...constant watering. It's late in the season now, but I have oaks turning brown....just hoping they aren't damaged. I haven't really watered my lawn much as it's tough to keep up.  It sucks and beyond frustrating. 

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It didn't play out well for the vast majority of SNE save ORH Nw and the far south shore. Those were the two areas we pegged as probable Jack's and we mentioned screwgie for the meat of the region. The big dent for everyone and Euro forecast didn't work out overall unfortunately. It was nice to see the drought region of SE NH cash in.  They are ground zero 

I give up.  "Vast majority" and "meat of the region" I guess could be used to describe 50% of SNE.  But then one could say the vast majority got a solid soaking.

Those lucky few in the largely uninhabited areas of Mass north of the Pike and NW MetroWest region up through RUT-CON enjoyed it.

Hopefully you see some rain.

Archived