Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
WxSouth ending his site and Facebook

Brick Tamland

He posted this on Facebook

Thanks for following the weather with WxSouth over the years.  It has been a wild ride, and based on the state of the climate and the extremes we now see a lot more often, I'd say it's only beginning. The relatively mundane seasonal changes of the previous decades, and much of last century, are probably not how the next few decades will be, and not the "norm", in my opinion.  A lot of factors point to all the recent climate extremes continuing and surpassing the previous extremes. Case in point: The recent all time hottest Summer in some locations of the Southeast. Expect incredible weather, and extreme events to be more common, and  to continue, no matter which end of the spectrum it is. Previous 30 year normals, or averages, have shifted and will continue to change, as weather and climate is always changing. New records will be set.  No matter what the weather,  I've enjoyed forecasting it all, hopefully enough in advance to help you prepare. 

But now the time has come for me to exit this part of the forecasting arena.  If you're one of the monthly members left at the paid site, I've canceled all accounts. No more recurring payments will be made.  I will finish out the forecast discussions though for another 30 days, through all of September.  

I will continue to do private tailored, consulting forecasting business though. If you're a farmer, business owner, or anyone that just needs the extra info, just go to the blog, fill out the contact form, and click submit. That part of the service is highly configurable to suit your needs. I’m flexible and small enough to arrange  a plan that suits you.

Until Next Time, enjoy all your snow, your rain, and whatever weather may come your way. It's been a pleasure.

God Bless.

Robert

18 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

He posted this on Facebook

Thanks for following the weather with WxSouth over the years.  It has been a wild ride, and based on the state of the climate and the extremes we now see a lot more often, I'd say it's only beginning. The relatively mundane seasonal changes of the previous decades, and much of last century, are probably not how the next few decades will be, and not the "norm", in my opinion.  A lot of factors point to all the recent climate extremes continuing and surpassing the previous extremes. Case in point: The recent all time hottest Summer in some locations of the Southeast. Expect incredible weather, and extreme events to be more common, and  to continue, no matter which end of the spectrum it is. Previous 30 year normals, or averages, have shifted and will continue to change, as weather and climate is always changing. New records will be set.  No matter what the weather,  I've enjoyed forecasting it all, hopefully enough in advance to help you prepare. 

But now the time has come for me to exit this part of the forecasting arena.  If you're one of the monthly members left at the paid site, I've canceled all accounts. No more recurring payments will be made.  I will finish out the forecast discussions though for another 30 days, through all of September.  

I will continue to do private tailored, consulting forecasting business though. If you're a farmer, business owner, or anyone that just needs the extra info, just go to the blog, fill out the contact form, and click submit. That part of the service is highly configurable to suit your needs. I’m flexible and small enough to arrange  a plan that suits you.

Until Next Time, enjoy all your snow, your rain, and whatever weather may come your way. It's been a pleasure.

God Bless.

Robert

Odd first paragraph. Despite the few things I disagreed with from wxsouth, I definitely learned a lot from his analyses and discussions! He was one of my go-to pages. Shout out to his successes and a personal thank you!

Me too. He and I had some great times and discussions on cad and winter storms. I've missed them ever since he left. 

Yeah, from what I've read (between the lines) this winter should have a lot of very cold air parked to our N/NW. If and when we get winter events, CAD will most likely play a primary role (..even more than normal). Robert has always had a strong knowledge of CAD. We may need him more than ever this year.   

• 1 month later...

I tried to find Robert's winter outlook today and noticed his facebook page was down.  I did some more digging and it appears that he is taking care of his parents and it requires a significant time commitment.

Here is an excerpt from a gofundme page I found:

I have followed Robert and his weather forecast for many years and have gotten to know Robert as much as a friend than as a meteorologist. Robert's forecast were always eagerly anticipated by everyone that followed, and his insights about weather were always educational and without hype.  I still tell people that he's the best synoptic meteorologist in the south and I mean that. 

A few years ago, I helped Robert get started with his WXSouth site because he was going through the same issues he's going through now.  I believed in Robert as a person and as a meteorologist, and knew he would be successful with it. But as many of you know, weather is a full time job that doesn't stop to wait on our daily life, it keeps moving and changing and you have to keep moving with it. But right now, Robert's time has to be devoted to his parents and their care and he has to give up his other love. As it sometimes is in life, you have to give up something you love to take care of the people you love and it's not a choice that anyone should be forced to make. 

So I can't sit back and watch while my friend makes the only decision he can make, and that is to spend more time taking care of his parents. Unfortunately, Robert still has to survive and WXSouth was one way for him to do that, since good paying jobs are scarce in Shelby.  By giving up WXSouth, Robert gives up his income. 

I certainly am going to miss his forecasting.  I hope he posts on here from time to time.

Archived