joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Hermine

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have many model runs to go through wont stay same area for the track or where models say it will stall . Number two cmc is more up the coast for it turn west too. like sandy they change many times until the hours before storm hit.  IM  Staying with my forecast further up the coast before it stalls and if stalls at all .

18 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

My gut is minimal impact here with a solution on the southern edge of GEFS... Maybe closer to 18z GFS but man it's close to a nasty storm for south coast.

seems either way the south coast is in for one helluva surf show... 

just will come down to whether it's partially obscured by misty frothy rain and stinging sand, or more of a light wind under cirrus...  

this also should be a multiple tide cycle thing too.  

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Roosta in for a rough night. Hunker down.

I'm all tied-up, I mean everything's tied down. This is going through RI, upping the effect a bit. Could be fooled because nothing is happening now, Give it an hour or two. What a beautiful Satellite animation showing the eye getting closed.  

CODNEXLAB-1km-Florida-vis-ani24-201609012315-100-100-raw.gif

Did have a few spin-ups in my County and just S. Meh, if it wasn't for that feeder I'd be asking myself "they call this a storm" people must be wimps for hyping this...being inland and 150 miles from eventual landfall might have something to do with it. Just didn't have enough time time to contract and spread out the feeders, No change a low end CAT1. The orientation and movement of a second feeder band might not even get this far East.    

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

What steering currents on the progs make it take a right turn near the benchmark after moving slowly northward?

It's the anti "I want it to happen" variable altering the physical equations at least excuse imaginable in the models

39 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

What steering currents on the progs make it take a right turn near the benchmark after moving slowly northward?

Just assume a right hook under sne....you'll hit like 98-100 times.

Not very interested in this....gonna pull an Edouard...yawn.

Back to your regularly scheduled sea ice vigil.

Archived