Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2016-17 Winter Discussion

lookingnorth

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm time will tell for sure, I jinxed myself the snow we had coming down has now ended and the fireball came back out lol. Nice and cold out there today though! Didnt get anything from that band of light snow earlier, just a quick coating on stuff. Is pretty sad when you get excited over such light snow that coats stuff

52 minutes ago, Wx 24/7 said:

NAM at 00z goes even further north. Hmmm...

Edit: Going to be some nice snow totals along the I-40 corridor overnight, it looks like... especially around OKC. 

I've have such a level of pessimism beaten into me right now that I am looking at the radar and already visualizing a screw zone developing on the north side of OKC (where I am), while the south side of town and southern burbs get a nice little dump out of this.  

In a related matter, it is absolutely frigid out there right now.  I was outside for about 20 minutes, and I cannot seem to warm up even with a fleece on and the heat cranked up.    

15 minutes ago, NJ_Ken said:

I've have such a level of pessimism beaten into me right now that I am looking at the radar and already visualizing a screw zone developing on the north side of OKC (where I am), while the south side of town and southern burbs get a nice little dump out of this.  

In a related matter, it is absolutely frigid out there right now.  I was outside for about 20 minutes, and I cannot seem to warm up even with a fleece on and the heat cranked up.    

As to what you said first..I can see that happening to me easy, as per normal. And the second. Its just cold. lol

29 minutes ago, NJ_Ken said:

HRRR is being remarkably consistent with a narrow band around 6+" close to I-40 around OKC. Keeping my expectations in check, thinking I'll get closer to 2-3". But these mesoscale bands can surprise people. 

11 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Tulsa just threw a WWA out for here until 10am, could be the kiss of death haha. We will see, says 1-2" of snow possible! Lots of cold dry air to overcome though, wont take much to accumulate with this cold of temps though if something does happen :)

I'm liking where we sit. I don't see much of a southward movement to it at all. Maybe it could drift north some more.

17 minutes ago, Cerakoter1984 said:

I'm liking where we sit. I don't see much of a southward movement to it at all. Maybe it could drift north some more.

I hope so man, I been watching the radar on intellicast and its just basically moving due west to east it looks like. Just started to flurry here, would be awesome to see 2" lol. So it seems the weekend event is a no go? I was reading something yesterday about it on the forum but haven't been getting much sleep again so my mind is a mixed up mess haha. Looks to get really warm again next week, insane.

17 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

I hope so man, I been watching the radar on intellicast and its just basically moving due west to east it looks like. Just started to flurry here, would be awesome to see 2" lol. So it seems the weekend event is a no go? I was reading something yesterday about it on the forum but haven't been getting much sleep again so my mind is a mixed up mess haha. Looks to get really warm again next week, insane.

Who knows? Lol. I know if NWS tulsa doesn't actually start forecasting the weather again sometime soon I'm going to lose my frickin mind. Lol. Any teenager with a computer can copy and paste off whatever snow maps they like every day. They'll score another bust on this one in my book for sure.

9 minutes ago, ouamber said:

And Tulsa finally got their act together and issued an Advisory. It's really coming down in Tulsa. That band is setting up about 20-30 miles north of I-40. My brother lives in Okmulgee, and he said he already has 2 inches. 

Yeah. The same band is gradually drifting north and will be right over my house here in a few minutes here on the state line.

5 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Hey Whiteout did u get ur 1-2 inches like the latest forecast was saying?  Not even a trace here, another miss.

11 minutes ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Hey Whiteout did u get ur 1-2 inches like the latest forecast was saying?  Not even a trace here, another miss.

Nope another bust lol...cant be too much i still see the grass haha. Just another craptastic dusting. I see the jokers decided to pull the advisory for here lol. Their forecast makes no sense ever, they had the advisory up for an hour but the forecast said 20 percent chance still lmao. I swear this city has a giant hole around it that prevents snow, congrats to u though spot!!! You know its bad when spot gets snow and we dont lol

Good grief the mass panic ongoing here over this dusting lol, all schools closed wow. I can only imagine the panic if we got 5 inches lol. Wonder what happened though i was watching all that snow moving west to east, saw it on radar...weird here for sure always baffles my mind what causes us to get missed in this particular area.

20 minutes ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Nope another bust lol...cant be too much i still see the grass haha. Just another craptastic dusting. I see the jokers decided to pull the advisory for here lol. Their forecast makes no sense ever, they had the advisory up for an hour but the forecast said 20 percent chance still lmao. I swear this city has a giant hole around it that prevents snow, congrats to u though spot!!! You know its bad when spot gets snow and we dont lol

The band from me weaken as it moved east i guess. I was ontop of a thin mesoband I think, Because just to the north and east its a dusting or so. 

4 minutes ago, Weatherdemon said:

Just saw that a snowplow is on it's side on highway 75 at 41st in Tulsa.

Guess the plows can't handle snowpocalypse 2017. Good grief.

Weird I seen a truck turned over off the side earlier near Tulsa I think on tv.. but the guy got out was OK, I think.

Still looks like more wintry weather is possible for someone in the next 10 days before things will eventually warm up after that. We will probably have to wait for the storminess that will envelop Alaska to retrograde back out to the Aleutians, which will probably take until the end of the month according to the Weeklies. 

Archived