joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OK/AR/KS/MO Winter 2016-17 Winter Discussion

lookingnorth

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12z Euro ensemble continues to look good in the extended around the end of the first week of Jan. Nice -EPO and -AO showing up. Trough in the west is actually farther east this run. Snow on the individual ensemble members is showing back up in the area. 

On 12/21/2016 at 11:19 PM, JoMo said:

Time to tear down all the cold weather Christmas decorations and put up the tropical Christmas decorations.

Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to everyone and Merry Christmas in case I dont get a chance after today to say so. Everyone enjoy the heat wave coming over the next few days lol.

4 hours ago, NwWhiteOut said:

Just wanted to say Happy Holidays to everyone and Merry Christmas in case I dont get a chance after today to say so. Everyone enjoy the heat wave coming over the next few days lol.

Merry Christmas to you as well. Enjoy the heat before winter (hopefully) comes back in a couple weeks!

Wrote a nice Brown Christmas poem. Enjoy!

Twas the day before Christmas and all through my state, not a snowflake was falling and I was getting irate.

There was some wind and bright sun and a high of 63 and I've still got brown leaves stuck to my tree.

The models show storms but but not the right kind. A good old white Christmas is getting hard to find.

I've looked at the weather and searched high and low but for at least ten more days I still see no snow.

As I looked on the 12z and reached day 13, much to my surprise a great hope could be seen.

For there to my north, the cold sitting just right and off to the west, a low winding up tight.

While it may not come true, I have nothing to fear. For great cold and snow there's hope in the new year!

Merry Christmas and many blessings friends! :-)

Nice job on the poem!

12z Euro ensemble has us in a battle zone between warm and cold on the mean starting Jan 4th through at least the 8th. The control run gets colder 2 days sooner. The control went pretty crazy though and has some kind of frozen within the next 8 or so days, and a couple more systems around day 10-15 with even more frozen. Individual ensemble members vary wildly though.

8 minutes ago, JoMo said:

So, who all is BBQ'ing this afternoon? 72 at Joplin so far, broke the record.

Believe the 12z GFS might be too strong and too far south with the Arctic front. The 12z Euro has more of a zonal look (surprise!) with seeping cold air. 

I was just getting ready to post the same regarding the temperature at Joplin. Monett is at 68F. But Springfield is at 60F and Branson is only 57F.

1 hour ago, MoWeatherguy said:

Yep, they have a real chance to win that division if they win tonite, especially since the Raiders are down to their second QB.

Yeah. I meant to say with the Steelers' win but you got the idea I guess. Lol. Toughest division in all of football this year. Here's hoping they make a great run.

Yeah, when storms have been able to wrap up, they've wrapped up to our NW due to the -PNA and lack of Arctic blocking. Otherwise, we've had a very fast, zonal flow. 

Weeklies today are having issues. Maybe just a WxBell issue. Hopefully that gets fixed.

Good morning! I received some money for Christmas that I want to put toward my weather addiction hobby. I have a nice home weather station and I have GRLevel so I don't need those. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about a model subscription, but wasn't sure if you thought the subscription prices were worth it. Thanks in advance! Now back to your above average temps!

9 hours ago, Wx 24/7 said:

Good morning! I received some money for Christmas that I want to put toward my weather addiction hobby. I have a nice home weather station and I have GRLevel so I don't need those. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about a model subscription, but wasn't sure if you thought the subscription prices were worth it. Thanks in advance! Now back to your above average temps!

If you don't have GR2Analyst yet then that might be a good next purchase. It is pricey though, but VERY useful. NOAA has a free data feed now and Amazon has a HUGE archive of past radar data that is easy to download and load into it.

EuroWx, Accuweather, and WeatherBell all have the Euro model data. I prefer Accuweather myself. The graphics aren't as flashy as WeatherBell, but they are far more useful IMHO especially for severe weather forecasting, but also for winter weather. EuroWx is $10/month and Accuweather/WeatherBell are both $25/month.

On a side note, I'm in your neck of the woods right now...I actually went to Monett last night to watch Rogue One. And Lai Lai has some of the best Springfield Style Cashew Chicken known to man :)

1 minute ago, bdgwx said:

If you don't have GR2Analyst yet then that might be a good next purchase. It is pricey though, but VERY useful. NOAA has a free data feed now and Amazon has a HUGE archive of past radar data that is easy to download and load into it.

EuroWx, Accuweather, and WeatherBell all have the Euro model data. I prefer Accuweather myself. The graphics aren't has flashy as WeatherBell, but they are far more useful IMHO especially for severe weather forecasting, but also for winter weather. EuroEx is $10/month and Accuweather/WeatherBell are both $25/month.

On a side note, I'm in your neck of the woods right now...I actually went to Monett last night to watch Rogue One. And Lai Lai has some of the best Springfield Style Cashew Chicken known to man :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I don't have analyst. That's a decent thought.

I wish I liked Chinese food. Everyone raves about Lai Lai's. 

Archived