Newest Member
    joxey
I'll see you in September

J Paul Gordon

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not boring standing in 40-50mph winds right now assessing the zip line and Gondola top.  At least there are the little interesting things each day.  Could use a hat and some gloves though.

NW44G53.

Yeah, that's not boring.  I do like that we are getting regular breaks from the AN pattern.  Could use some more rain though.

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Careful.. You'll get accused of boring wx hype. It's just normal boring we've had the last 6 months. Nothing extreme I'm told.

I'll hype it up locally. Just terrible in terms of excitement since April. Worst ever in that dept. It has been nice for summer activities like the beach etc. 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

It's boring for 4k.

Within one standard deviation of dead boring...our departures are similar to the rest of you in boringness.  

Haha, reminds me how I used to love when MRG Pete would be like +6 for a month but say it has been a cold summer since it didn't hit 90+ at 2kft.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I'll hype it up locally. Just terrible in terms of excitement since April. Worst ever in that dept. It has been nice for summer activities like the beach etc. 

I feel like we have this discussion every August/September though...unless like Irene or tropical storms hit, it always feels like the most boring summer ever to me.  Dews and temps dont get me off like DIT though.

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I feel like we have this discussion every August/September though...unless like Irene or tropical storms hit, it always feels like the most boring summer ever to me.  Dews and temps dont get me off like DIT though.

Right, probably the most boring months if no tropical. I was referring to the stretch of weather since April locally. I guess that's what happens when you have been spoiled for years with previous wet summers. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Right, probably the most boring months if no tropical. I was referring to the stretch of weather since April locally. I guess that's what happens when you have been spoiled for years with previous wet summers. 

True but I don't even consider wet to be exciting unless it's with a big thunderstorm...but yeah at least reporting rain amounts and watching radar even for stratiform -RN is more exciting than CLR, but don't feel like you missed any fun events being dry haha.

53 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Easily the most boring time of year for "exciting weather" in our area...but often our Septembers are really nice for outdoor activities. Even hot September days don't feel like the same temp in July with the much weaker sun angle...a 90F day in September just doesn't have the teeth that it does in high summer.

But we get a ton of those 70-82 type days and the nights become a bit crisper. Great month for outdoors, but bad month for tracking local weather on the forums.

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I'm still waiting for the pattern change from 8/24...lol.   It's as bad a call as mine was during that winter...

Don't worry, we're finally going to have our pre-Christmas GTG in a snowy pattern this year. Enough with us walking into Clark's wearing speedos and wifebeaters.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro doesn't even get us to normal on this "cool shot across the bow" this weekend. Lol

GFS showing pretty normal fluctuations after this coming weekend, though. Nothing too crazy yet. Will be interesting to see if there are any longer range changes in predictions when CPC mid monthlies come out.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

True but I don't even consider wet to be exciting unless it's with a big thunderstorm...but yeah at least reporting rain amounts and watching radar even for stratiform -RN is more exciting than CLR, but don't feel like you missed any fun events being dry haha.

We usually get a few interesting events, but man.....so quiet lol.  Ah well. It's been a good summer otherwise. Unfortunately, I think the systems scooting off of NC have deflected what could have been a heck of a cool shot. Still should be a nice airmass. 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We usually get a few interesting events, but man.....so quiet lol.  Ah well. It's been a good summer otherwise. Unfortunately, I think the systems scooting off of NC have deflected what could have been a heck of a cool shot. Still should be a nice airmass. 

Today's a nice air mass, high of 71F so far.

Most of the obs have been like 70/55 or 68/55 in the valley, we are all in jackets on the mountain, haha.

59 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I'm still waiting for the pattern change from 8/24...lol.   It's as bad a call as mine was during that winter...

So you apparently see our pattern exactly like it was Interesting that you equate surface temps with patterns I disagree and agree with HM

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Sneaky hot, we are 4-5 degrees over forecast highs here.   We launched pretty high this morning though. 

Ha I wasn't even paying attention to how warm it is there. 

Wearing jackets in the breeze up here.

Midnight high of 75F with a daytime high of 66F.  Currently 64F here at the office.

image.jpeg

So you apparently see our pattern exactly like it was Interesting that you equate surface temps with patterns I disagree and agree with HM

You're a trip...lol. The only thing that's changed is we're moving into September but positive departures will not apparently be leaving. Less humid? Of course! It's moving into autumn. HMs stream of consciousness notwithstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

I think he meant sensible wx change more than anything.

Patterns are funny things...they don't always change the sensible wx in a single location...even in the winter when patterns exert more influence on sensible wx. Remember our "relaxation" pattern in the 2nd week of February 2015? Pretty much the entire CONUS torched except for one little corner called New England that got stuck just north of a little propagating wave that produced 20"+ of snow over 3 days in BOS while it was like 70F in VA and 60s in the Midwest. So yeah, the pattern definitely changed, but our parade of snow and cold did not in SNE...we would have never known the pattern changed unless we looked at the weather in DC or Chicago, lol.

So yeah, maybe Jerry was right...but we ended up with a lot of the same.

Archived