Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2016 Discussion/Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, doncat said:

Gonna miss me to the east while everything else goes to my west...3 points for me.

unreal.   Can't buy a decent rain.    That's the boundary lifting north, once that goes by, there's not much behind it.    IMO weekend looks mostly dry outside of some scattered to isolated showers

3 minutes ago, doncat said:

Gonna miss me to the east while everything else goes to my west...3 points for me.

We have to add a new term to our weather lexicon..dry nor'easter. Plenty of clouds, little rain, gales, and  at least some coastal flooding.

This has been a very impressive dry run to go with all the warmth since Apr 2015.

NYC below normal Precip months :

Apr 15

May 15

Jul 15

Aug 15

Sep 15

Oct 15 

Nov 15

Mar 16

Apr 16

May 16

Jun 16

Aug 16 

Sep 16

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

We have to add a new term to our weather lexicon..dry nor'easter. Plenty of clouds, little rain, gales, and  at least some coastal flooding.

This has been a very impressive dry run to go with all the warmth since Apr 2015.

Apr 15

May 15

Jul 15

Aug 15

Sep 15

Oct 15 

Nov 15

Mar 16

Apr 16

May 16

Jun 16

Aug 16 

Sep 16

Notice how all winter months aren't there

10 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Notice how all winter months aren't there

We got really lucky with last winter as POU only had 1.21 in Jan vs 4.41 and the heaviest snowstorm on record for NYC.

The suppression pattern let up briefly from late Jan into early Feb before it returned in March pushing the nor'easters to our south.

53 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Apr 15

May 15

Jul 15

Aug 15

Sep 15

Oct 15 

Nov 15

Mar 16

Apr 16

May 16

Jun 16

Aug 16 

Sep 16

Unless I pick up another half inch today...Five of the nine months this year have featured less than 2 inches of precip.

Archived