Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2016 Discussion/Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

I've seen 43 already this season so nothing "exciting" here. I appreciate the info though, thanks!

You are ahead of me in the fall department. I can't really speak to the accuracy of the raw 2m T's forecasts at days 5-6 for your area since I don't regularly track them. My low so far this month here is SW Suffolk was 54 degrees.

54 minutes ago, SACRUS said:

Today's Highs:

EWR: 84
LGA: 84
TEB: 84
New Brnswk: 83
PHL: 82
TTN; 82
ISP: 82
JFK: 82
NYC: 82
ACY: 79

Only topped out at 78 here (I am 12 miles NW of ISP), and all the surrounding PWS also recorded highs between 77 and 79. Strange to be so much cooler than all other stations. The wind was from the E/SE, but the south shore areas were warmer than up here. Cannot figure it out.

11 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

It's always a different world about 10 miles north of here once you lose the sound's warmining influence on the night time temps.

10 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Drought

I think it has more to do with being so dry than temp differences.  We are seeing some good color here but more washed out and fading away and lots of not quite colorful leaves dropping.

8 hours ago, CIK62 said:

Beach weather here from 9/30 to probably 10/08, if that western trough can even reach us by then w/o dissolving first.

..hoping to hit the beach 1 last time today..being its the last day of meteorological summer..so it makes sense to 

take that last 'dip',sit in the sun,and say goodbye to summer '16...and then look forward to the 'low sun angle period'..

The mins being forecast following the cold front really weren't that impressive for SEP monthly mins anyway.

But it will feel cooler compared to mins in the upper 60's and low 70's the next few days.

A NYC SEP monthly min in the low 50's range is near the warmest mins on record.

Warmest SEP mins at NYC

#1...57

#2...56

#3...54

#4...53

#5...52

#6...51

46 minutes ago, Messiah94 said:

Love North South Lake. Ive been up there in July and temps at night have been in the 40s :) Newmans Ledge,Artist Rock and especially North Point offer some of the best views in the Catskills.

Last OT, but yeah we go up there with a big group every year around this time. Pretty much expect 40s and 50s. I had a digital thermometer and recorded a low of 42 early Friday morning. I had been watching the models for over a week and the GFS ensemble actually nailed temps up there from a week out.  Here's one last shot from Sunset Rock. (Our dog was a tremendous hiker by the way, pink bow and all)

image.png

Archived