• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Since when did Weather Underground remove...

The website has gone downhill in recent years IMHO.

The classic interface was basic but easy to navigate. The new version that was introduced is clunky and not very user friendly.

I also noticed that in recent weeks the NWS version of the forecast is only available through the mobile app.  Using any computer only provides their best forecast even when you set the options to be the NWS forecast.  

42 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

that was your go to source for model data?

tone: slightly incredulous

I should clarify. It was my go-to source for the Euro, and for direct model comparisons between the Euro, GFS, and NAM. Especially for WxChallenge forecasting. If you know of another source where I can overlay Euro, GFS, and NAM 2m T/Td, 500-hPa height, and precipitation data and zoom into any location with ease, please, let me know.

19 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

They either had a problem or a planned site overhaul.  I saw a message a few days ago saying they will be gradually building the features back.  I also miss the euro maps.

Glad to hear it's supposed to be temporary. I missed that message. Thanks! ^_^

34 minutes ago, Mallow said:

I should clarify. It was my go-to source for the Euro, and for direct model comparisons between the Euro, GFS, and NAM. Especially for WxChallenge forecasting. If you know of another source where I can overlay Euro, GFS, and NAM 2m T/Td, 500-hPa height, and precipitation data and zoom into any location with ease, please, let me know.

Here's a new free site for the Euro which just popped up in the last week. Kind of a weird implementation...but a slight improvement on WU's site IMO.

https://www.windyty.com/

Mallow the cloud... This was the message I received from wunderground staff a few weeks ago...

Hello,

We had to change the base map for Wunderground and some of the layers aren’t loading properly. Functionality will be restored in stages as soon as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Thank you,
William
Wunderground Support

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2016 at 0:02 PM, Akeem the African Dream said:

The website has gone downhill in recent years IMHO.

The classic interface was basic but easy to navigate. The new version that was introduced is clunky and not very user friendly.

I also noticed that in recent weeks the NWS version of the forecast is only available through the mobile app.  Using any computer only provides their best forecast even when you set the options to be the NWS forecast.  

Exactly... I held onto the classic version as long as I could. After they deprecated the classic view, I reduced my usage of the site.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, hawkeye_wx said:

They don't even have the latest Euro model run, only the run from 24 hrs ago, so it's pretty worthless.  I was hoping they'd have it back to the way it used to be by winter storm season.

Yep, and they don't have any indication of the UTC time anywhere, making it annoying to figure out which run you're looking at.

I wish WUnderground would have added functionality with the models, (such as ECMWF,) rather than make the system -more- confusing. The time stamp is -more- confusing than before and the slider bar is -less- functional than before. It is getting towards winter, and I need that ECMWF 168-hr QPF.

9 hours ago, Chinook said:

I wish WUnderground would have added functionality with the models, (such as ECMWF,) rather than make the system -more- confusing. The time stamp is -more- confusing than before and the slider bar is -less- functional than before. It is getting towards winter, and I need that ECMWF 168-hr QPF.

Yep, and they don't have anywhere near the latest run anymore. It's sad. :(

Archived