Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hello new board

JC-CT

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd recommend disabling all the auto-update features.  Like even the ones that notify us of a reply now, with that sound notification.  It's a cool feature to see there's a new reply, but if everybody's got that on by default...it has to be a huge strain on the server.    

other auto-update features as well, if their on by default.

Been trying to log on all day,  mostly timeouts.  Everyone is having problems.  If anytime of real weather events pop like a threatening tropical system I'm afraid the board would grind to a halt.  I would be glad to donate more money to get this solved.  I'm not a techy guy but can we just go back to the old software?  I really appreciate all the work is that is done behind scenes but this forum is important to many people and this slowdown has gone on too long.   What are the plans going forward?  

Just noticed that all the posts from November 20, 2010 onwards are fixed by this software that WoW mentioned last week.  Not sure if it's related to the slowdown of the boards, though.  Only a little bit more to go before all the posts are fixed!

EDIT: All posts on this forum are now fixed.  Checked a couple minutes ago.

Can we please stop the never ending "we are trying". 10,000 other internet sites do not constantly have these issues. Don't fool around with people who try and who experiment; get people who have done it and know how to do it and if there really is no owner anymore with commitment to do this then shut it down.  This site is now all about ad revenue yet we are asked to contribute money for what?

20 minutes ago, Tenman Johnson said:

Can we please stop the never ending "we are trying". 10,000 other internet sites do not constantly have these issues. Don't fool around with people who try and who experiment; get people who have done it and know how to do it and if there really is no owner anymore with commitment to do this then shut it down.  This site is now all about ad revenue yet we are asked to contribute money for what?

you really need to get over it. If you dont ****ing like it, go elsewhere. Jesus Christ

50 minutes ago, Natester said:

One thing that I noticed is that the topic descriptions are missing.  Is there an option on the new forum software?

I still see them...

Actually, topic descriptions haven't been included in the core software since v.2. Had a mod put them back in.

3 minutes ago, Wow said:

I still see them...

Actually, topic descriptions haven't been included in the core software since v.2. Had a mod put them back in.

I was saying this because the topic about the devestating Joplin tornado on May 22, 2011 had a topic description which part of it said "JoMo lives!"

On 7/20/2016 at 7:45 PM, Wow said:

notifications are the worst new feature. they are way more useless than topic description tags, which are great ways to spice up a thread title.

*note--this is a wow quote because the quote feature is still broken on macs. i literally couldnt delete this quote from 13 days ago.

4 minutes ago, cmasty1978 said:
On 7/20/2016 at 8:45 PM, Wow said:

notifications are the worst new feature. they are way more useless than topic description tags, which are great ways to spice up a thread title.

*note--this is a wow quote because the quote feature is still broken on macs. i literally couldnt delete this quote from 13 days ago.

I can report this but one thing you can do is hit the source button and type a letter after the </blockquote> tag. Then hit the button again.

1 minute ago, eekuasepinniW said:

The one from the bottom right of each page? I don't think any forum urls changed...so if you can find a cached version of the old board we can copy it to the new one.  It had no programming behind it... it was just plain old html/javascript.

Oh I never used them.  But I know it's one of those things that many from the old days liked from pre v.3 IPB

Can't view forum profiles (such as mine). :| Consequence of the database upgrade?

EDIT: Nevermind, it's fixed.

EDIT 2: I would like to mention that one of the attachments in my profile links to a topic that went missing.  Is it still around or do you have to get it from backup?

Attachment to missing topic.jpg

Archived