Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hello new board

JC-CT

I can not quote posts now.

Edit: it looks like it's only on the PR section where I can't quote a post.

Edit 2 : It looks like if you try to quote someone and then do not actually post, you lose the ability to quote on that entire section of the board. That's unacceptable and needs to be fixed.

Edit 3 : It looks as if it may be messed up only on the 1 topic in PR where I quoted someone and then realized I had quoted the wrong message. I went back to get the right message to quote, but it will not let me. It loads the original wrong message down at the bottom of the page when it should be showing the post I really want to quote.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so the slow downs are only at certain times, usually betwen 1-2pm and 7-8pm?  I'm aware of this issue and think I know the cause.

On the ipad 3 I have I do notice it doesn't smooth scroll as well and the has a slight delay in load when scrolling quickly.. working on that cause now.

Also have a few reports that it signs users out consistently.  Is that still occuring?

17 hours ago, Wow said:

Ok, so the slow downs are only at certain times, usually betwen 1-2pm and 7-8pm?  I'm aware of this issue and think I know the cause.

On the ipad 3 I have I do notice it doesn't smooth scroll as well and the has a slight delay in load when scrolling quickly.. working on that cause now.

Also have a few reports that it signs users out consistently.  Is that still occurring?

You changed the theme back? Doing my own test the similar content at the bottom of threads is a big part of the lag. Also the extra sized ad banner is still there.

17 hours ago, jshetley said:

I can not quote posts now.

Edit: it looks like it's only on the PR section where I can't quote a post.

Edit 2 : It looks like if you try to quote someone and then do not actually post, you lose the ability to quote on that entire section of the board. That's unacceptable and needs to be fixed.

Edit 3 : It looks as if it may be messed up only on the 1 topic in PR where I quoted someone and then realized I had quoted the wrong message. I went back to get the right message to quote, but it will not let me. It loads the original wrong message down at the bottom of the page when it should be showing the post I really want to quote.

Try this. When a quote will not appear, scroll down to the bottom of the page.  You will see your earlier quote.  Either backspace or select all the text and delete it.  You will then still have the header of the previous quote. Put your cursor just to the right of the word "said:" and hit the delete key again.  The header should disappear and the box should now be totally clear.  Go back up to the post you are trying to quote now and hit the quote button again.  That should load it and take you back down to add your text. Clumsy but it works.

16 minutes ago, jburns said:

Try this. When a quote will not appear, scroll down to the bottom of the page.  You will see your earlier quote.  Either backspace or select all the text and delete it.  You will then still have the header of the previous quote. Put your cursor just to the right of the word "said:" and hit the delete key again.  The header should disappear and the box should now be totally clear.  Go back up to the post you are trying to quote now and hit the quote button again.  That should load it and take you back down to add your text. Clumsy but it works.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Natester said:

Attachments Not Displaying.jpg

Is there any way this is going to be fixed?  Just curious.

The software has been "rebuilding" every post, reply, image, attachment, etc since upgrading.  It's still running.  I've put in a support ticket to get this moving along, plus fixing this attachment problem.

I've noticed that attachments have a new naming scheme so I figure that's why they aren't working in older posts and would be a part of the "rebuilding" process.

19 hours ago, Wow said:

Also have a few reports that it signs users out consistently.  Is that still occuring?

I was getting signed out when I was on my phone last night around midnight.  Haven't had the sign out problem on my laptop. 

6 hours ago, jburns said:

I tried that and got the post I want to quote but can not type what I want to say anywhere in the box.

21 minutes ago, jshetley said:

I tried that and got the post I want to quote but can not type what I want to say anywhere in the box.

I'm not sure what to tell you. When I clicked to quote your latest post it hung.  When I scrolled down there was my long response to you earlier along with your post I quoted. I did exactly what I described to you and this is the result. 

Make sure you clear the posting box completely. The header must be deleted. Then go back up and click "quote" in the post you want to quote.  

11 minutes ago, jburns said:

I'm not sure what to tell you. When I clicked to quote your latest post it hung.  When I scrolled down there was my long response to you earlier along with your post I quoted. I did exactly what I described to you and this is the result. 

Make sure you clear the posting box completely. The header must be deleted. Then go back up and click "quote" in the post you want to quote.  

I guess I somehow messed up the last step earlier because I just went back to that thread and got it to work. Thanks again.

14 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Every time I try to view a thread on mobile, I get redirected to some kind of malicious-looking ad site and end up having to force-close the browser. Only happens with this site and only since the upgrade. I haven't seen any other complaints about this so maybe it's something on my end?

Hugo posted the same issue elsewhere, that this was occurring with AmWx.

On 7/28/2016 at 9:24 PM, Juliancolton said:

Every time I try to view a thread on mobile, I get redirected to some kind of malicious-looking ad site and end up having to force-close the browser. Only happens with this site and only since the upgrade. I haven't seen any other complaints about this so maybe it's something on my end?

Like Stebo said, I have this problem sometimes. I couldn't sign in at all yesterday morning.

Archived