Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hello new board

JC-CT

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Natester said:

One issue that I noticed is that attachments no longer display in the topic.  The attachments are still intact, though.  When I click on the attachment link, it gives me a download prompt.

Test image

field-summer-sun-meadow.jpg

6 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Can you change the theme? The colors are ugly.

Every time I go to a page, I get a pop up asking me if I want to get notifications for the site. That's annoying.

Whenever I try to go back and read a previous page, the page says loading but just sits there and doesn't ever show up.

That should stop once you answer it initially... try clearing our your cache folders and reload.  We're still having some slow period that can time out a page... trying to nail down the cause.

I know that the worst slow downs and time outs are occurring in the PR forum.  I'm closing it off to see if it is the culprit.  If you need to talk politics on a weather board immediately, there are other options.

10 minutes ago, Natester said:

Well, I meant past attachments.  Not sure if that can be fixed, though.  For example, the topic "Plug pulled on Eastern" way back on November 12, 2010.

Ah, I see.  That could be a casualty from upgrading.  I remember similar things happened when EasternUSWx upgraded from v2 to v3 several years ago.

33 minutes ago, Wow said:

Ah, I see.  That could be a casualty from upgrading.  I remember similar things happened when EasternUSWx upgraded from v2 to v3 several years ago.

Well that sucks.  Hopefully there is a way to fix it.  At least all the attachments are still intact in the database.

EDIT: Attachments before July 3, 2016 don't show at all, there's no download link.

37 minutes ago, Wow said:

I know that the worst slow downs and time outs are occurring in the PR forum.  I'm closing it off to see if it is the culprit.  If you need to talk politics on a weather board immediately, there are other options.

Ah. So Randy is overseas again. I hadn't heard.

Archived